This works for me. What works for you?

Options
Let's focus on what works well! I am tracking on MFP every day, and aim to stay within my guidelines 80% of the time, which in practical terms means 8 out of 10 days. Why only 80%? because I am human, and prone to make mistakes every so often, we all do. Most health experts say to aim for and 80/20 rule or 90/10 rule, and that sounds good to me. I do cardio and strength train, not so much for weight control, but to keep me healthy. What works for all of you?

Replies

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Strength training and staying within my calorie limit most of the time. :smile:
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I agree with your thinking. We are humans bound to make mistakes but most of the time we stick to a plan. With that being said I would reiterate what you said in terms of what works for me.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    IIFYM, tracking macros with MFP. Use a food scale.
    TDEE
    LISS 6x a week for at least 30 mins
    Strength training 3x a week
  • ritzbits190
    ritzbits190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yea I agree. When I look back on my days I am always above goal at least one day in 7. I'm still losing a pound a week so must be ok.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Consistency.
    Food scale.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Keeping things obscenely simple.

Calorie targets/goals (using TDEE method)
    Macro and micro targets/goals

All foods, all the time!

No arbitrary rules.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Forward planning works for me.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Food scale, not restricting foods, and eating at maintenance when I need it (been doing that a lot this month but yay no gaining!).