Sorry, posted under wrong forum topic I think???

I wanted to share my "regime" for those of you that might be doing the same, and even, feeling the same as I do sometimes. There are lots of people here doing lots of different routines to burn calories, eat right etc. I walk for my daily exercise(well usually 6 days a week). My walking partner nwfamilygal and I were talking yesterday about this. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, than walk 4 miles a day. Plus I get out on the property and walk the dogs most days also and some of that is up hill. I am now losing 1 lb a week, my legs are firmer than ever in my life, that I can recall, my stomach muscles are firming up(still fat layers over the top but I can feel the difference). I guess what I want to say to other women or men out there that choose to "get in shape" by walking, far out! I understand:) I love it and edie and I can walk and talk and see something new everyday. Mind you, we have a beautiful Valley to walk in. And for that we are blessed. Maybe we will want to do more toning with her bowflex at some point but for now, walking is a most excellent way to lose weight, firm up and feel awesome, with no injuries by the way. I used to have pain in my right knee when I ran, I twisted my ankle and even fell from just stepping on a pebble. Im just saying it was hard on my body, even when I was young. I am 56 now and am glad that I don't need to do things that are well, outa my league, to look and feel great. I hope this encourages others that maybe can't afford a gym, or maybe just are not "turned on" by the more strenuous routines to burn fat.

Love to all, denise in Sams Valley
PS My podna has lost 21 lbs now!! Goooooooooo walkers!!
PSS Go every other gal and whatever your exercise of choice is

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    I wanted to share my "regime" for those of you that might be doing the same, and even, feeling the same as I do sometimes. There are lots of people here doing lots of different routines to burn calories, eat right etc. I walk for my daily exercise(well usually 6 days a week). My walking partner nwfamilygal and I were talking yesterday about this. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, than walk 4 miles a day. Plus I get out on the property and walk the dogs most days also and some of that is up hill. I am now losing 1 lb a week, my legs are firmer than ever in my life, that I can recall, my stomach muscles are firming up(still fat layers over the top but I can feel the difference). I guess what I want to say to other women or men out there that choose to "get in shape" by walking, far out! I understand:) I love it and edie and I can walk and talk and see something new everyday. Mind you, we have a beautiful Valley to walk in. And for that we are blessed. Maybe we will want to do more toning with her bowflex at some point but for now, walking is a most excellent way to lose weight, firm up and feel awesome, with no injuries by the way. I used to have pain in my right knee when I ran, I twisted my ankle and even fell from just stepping on a pebble. Im just saying it was hard on my body, even when I was young. I am 56 now and am glad that I don't need to do things that are well, outa my league, to look and feel great. I hope this encourages others that maybe can't afford a gym, or maybe just are not "turned on" by the more strenuous routines to burn fat.

Love to all, denise in Sams Valley
    PS My podna has lost 21 lbs now!! Goooooooooo walkers!!
    PSS Go every other gal and whatever your exercise of choice is
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    I do a lot of walking and hiking for exercise too! I think it is great because you are getting in shape and burning calories while HAVING FUN!!! I never DREAD walking/hiking like I dear the gym or other workouts! And, since I like doing it I do it more often and for longer periods of time...so I burn more calories! I can definitely tell that I am getting in better shape!

Congrats on finding a workout you enjoy and good luck losing the weight!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I try to walk/sloooowwww jog on my treadmill 4 miles 5 days a week. I dvr my favorite shows and watch them in the morning to keep me motivated. Yeah...I love my tv...but at least SOMETHING keeps me motivated! LOL I also go for a 2 hour walk once a week with a girlfriend. She works downtown so I just take the lightrail down and meet her after she's off. We walk, chat, help keep each other motivated...it's great! I get to see new parts of downtown all the time! Generally this adds up to about 6 miles as we don't tend to walk as fast as we do on a treadmill but it's great. We always stop somewhere fun and/or new to have dinner, too. It's such a good time!