Need help and advice

Options
Hello All:

I just turned 38 and am just tired of being fat. I tipped the scale at 304 today. My highest was 318. I was very involved in a local cross fit gym over the summer but my work schedule just got out of control.

I need a group of folks with similar goals as personally my fiancé has no real interest in working out or eating the way I do. She's in the restaurant business so our schedules do not align

Replies

• rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    I started in basically the same position you did - my starting weight was 318.6 this summer. To date I've lost a little over 65 pounds.

As to what I have done to get there, I posted a more detailed explanation in another thread, but the key takeaway was just that I only care about my calorie and protein goals, I pre-plan meals to fit those goals, and I cut exactly zero foods out of my diet; my only dietary changes were portions and frequencies.
  • GetSw0le
    GetSw0le Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey man, congrats on deciding to change your lifestyle! My name is Jonne, I have a lot of experience regarding nutrition and exercise and I love helping people out however I can. If there's anything you'd like to get advise about feel free to let me know!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Hey I think it's awesome that you want to take those first steps. I can be a cheerleader amd help support you if you'd like! I have found alot of support and inspiration here on MFP!! I have been rehabbing an injury and everyone has been awesome support! I'm willing to helpnanybody as well! Good luck! Kick *kitten*!! #Staystrong

Feel free to add me!
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I can't say what you should do, but starting slow-ish worked for me. Swapped bad things for less bad things, learned to make foods fit in my goals, and generally found it gets easier as it goes. Once you get a feel for how many calories are in different things, it becomes easier to do really well.

The biggest thing is just to start.