In Search For Friends (A Fresh Start)

Options
Hello all!
It's been a few months since I've been on MFP, so I decided to start from scratch - new account, new goals, new friends.
I've used MFP on and off for two years now, the first big use got me almost to my goal before I tripped and failed. But now I think about sticking it to for good. Sick of only excusing myself as to why I fail. I will continue no matter what.

A little about me - I'm an IT Product Manager, 28, female. I was on a great streak of working out with weights and cardio for a few months, but we had a commotion at my company, so I had to concentrate on it for a while (I was literally pulling off 18 hours long workdays). And just as things settled and I headed to my first workout in a month, I tripped. Literally. And I sprained my ankle, hurting badly the tendons and ligaments there. So now I'm in a cast, then I'll have rehab, and I won't be able to workout up to a month after I start rehab (so mid February most probably).

Really not happy about it.

So, I've decided to turn things around. Usually I start by working out, and fine-tuning my eating habits once I've conquered the fitness world. This time I'll take over the eating, and later I'll include working out (for obvious reasons).

And here I am. Day 1 of Forever.

Certainly looking for new friends!

My goals are 20kgs, in several batches/steps. Or simply becoming healthier.
Add me if you would like to support each other :)

Replies

• bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Certainly excited to be back.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Why not stick to an upper body workout? Just to get back in the rhythm of going to the gym, plus strength training is never a bad idea.

Feel free to add me. I'm in a similar line of work. I'm i maintenance but log everyday and plan to continue to do so.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Fresh starts and new prospectives can be good. I broke 2 bones and had surgery on my ankle 14 months ago. Feel free to add me!
  • Yivs_87
    Options
    Azurite, because I can't get to the gym (can't drive for at least 2-3 more weeks). So I have to do what I can at home. Which is just about nothing other than some really small workouts with small dumbbells.

Added you both :) Thanks!
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your making the right choice getting your nutrition in check first, well done!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with at home workouts with dumbbells. I do that at home when I can't get to the gym too.
  • Yivs_87
    Options
    pliler wrote: »
    Your making the right choice getting your nutrition in check first, well done!

Thanks. :) I hope I'll be able to make it.
    Azurite27 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with at home workouts with dumbbells. I do that at home when I can't get to the gym too.

*nods* True. I'll start working out slowly once I'm done with my rehab. :)

• ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ya'll can add me!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Stupid thing cut off the rest of my comment!!

Anyway I have been in physical therapy since the summer So I know how you feel! I am still not allowed to lift! So working on my upper body has been challenging to say the least.
    Good luck. You can do it. #Staystrong
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of forever......I love it! I am looking for friends to help motivate me as well, of return the favor of course! Anyone can add me! And btw...welcome back hun!
  • Yivs_87
    Options
    Thank you!
    And yes, it's Day 1 of Forever. :) I'm still having a hard time explaining to my friends and family that all the fab diets will work for a lil while then you'll gain it back because they only teach you how to starve. *sighs*