3rd shifters who exercise

Any 3rd shifters out there who have tips on when to exercise? I'm finding it hard to find time. Sleep usually trumps anything else.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Any 3rd shifters out there who have tips on when to exercise? I'm finding it hard to find time. Sleep usually trumps anything else.

I worked third shift for many years. My favorite time to work out was right after shift. Even though I was tired, I just told myself to show up and do whatever I could, and always ended up having a great workout. If I went home and slept, it was too easy to make excuses not to go to the gym later in the day - better to get it out of the way, go home, take a hot shower and go to bed, and it was done with for the day.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Me currently. I usually go home and get my things ready as my daughter got ready for school and hit the gym after dropping her. On days I couldn't do that I usually throw in a insanity DVDs and rock it out but it's always after my shift at work
  • robingirl73
    robingirl73 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys! Ill give it a try right when I get home.
  • KerrieCC
    KerrieCC Posts: 118 Member
    I find it hard to sleep after exercising so I sleep first, then exercise as soon as I get up took a bit to get into the habbit but now i automatically roll out of bed getting in my exercise gear and out the door and im there before I even have time to think of an excuse not to.