Help!

Options
I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have tried losing weight by eating right and exercising. Every single time I try, I do well for maybe a month, then I completely go off track and gain it all back plus some. I really, really need someone to hold me accountable. If you have any ideas to be able to do this, let me know. Advice and tips are appreciated. I don't want to reach the point of no return, and that is what I am most scared of.

Replies

• mmmx392076
    mmmx392076 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same boat as u r. It sucks trust me I know. But stay positive and keep adding friend I have found out that it helps a lot. I can add me too if u like
  • melissabrindley1
    melissabrindley1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks! I will add you.
  • MsKimberly130
    MsKimberly130 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We all have done this same thing. I had to change how I viewed changing my lifestyle. I took out the word diet and replaced it with change. You already know your issues start with one small change each day. Eliminate something that goes against the lifestyle you want daily. If you stop to get breakfast each morning start making it at home. The little changes will make a difference. I have lost 113lbs and I still have challenges with eating but I don't stop working to be a better me. You all can do it! Find what will work for you and don't quit just keep going.
  • melissabrindley1
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation!
  • bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It's hard sometimes to stay on track. Life goes on and you have to make adjustments for daily changes. We all go through it but don't beat yourself up over it your human it happens just get up and start over. Feel free to add me I been through the same just like everyone else. It's a new day of s new week filled with new opportunities
  • melissabrindley1
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will add you.
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Write yourself a letter
    Get dirty and ugly and real to yourself. How do you feel? Go strip down in front of a mirror and jump or dance; put how your reflection looks into it. Talk about your health; your motivators like how easily you get winded, all the things that you feel right now. Everytime you start to dip, go read that letter. Heed the advice of fatter you; its the closest you can get to talking to your healthier self so do it now.
    That's what I did. I also wrote letters to myself at 25/50/75 lb loss milestones noting the changes and my struggles that I overcame. They are for my eyes only, but I find them more motivational than anything else.
    Good luck! :smile:
  • melissabrindley1
    Options
    Obnoxa wrote: »
    Write yourself a letter
    Get dirty and ugly and real to yourself. How do you feel? Go strip down in front of a mirror and jump or dance; put how your reflection looks into it. Talk about your health; your motivators like how easily you get winded, all the things that you feel right now. Everytime you start to dip, go read that letter. Heed the advice of fatter you; its the closest you can get to talking to your healthier self so do it now.
    That's what I did. I also wrote letters to myself at 25/50/75 lb loss milestones noting the changes and my struggles that I overcame. They are for my eyes only, but I find them more motivational than anything else.
    Good luck! :smile:

That is some awesome advice, and I will be doing that. I see a lot of tears writing this letter to myself and that will definitely help keep me motivated!
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely not alone. The important thing is to keep moving. After a bad streak, start right back up again. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. :). Stay strong and keep going. Feel free to add me if you want. Motivation is good too.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    You mentioned you've often failed at the one month mark. Good habits take longer than a month to get established. They can take several months and even after that you can slip up.

When I came back after regaining all my weight the first board on here that I went to was the Maintenance board because I wanted to see how people thought, who'd lost weight and kept it off. It isn't putting the cart before the horse. It will help you really "get" that this is a lifelong journey, not a "lose weight before my wedding diet" thing. You have a long time to lose. You didn't gain it all in a month.
  • AbbottJames
    AbbottJames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The best advice I can give after being at this for 11 months and achieving a 75lb loss is to take one day at a time and if you fail one day, just keep moving forward! I will add you!