I cant believe i am finally doing this!

Options
Hi lovely community ;)

I am Jan,28 from Germany.
I was a heavy boy since i was 12. It plateuted from 17-22 around 95kg on my 171cm. I carried it well so at that point it was not a huge problem. Then after a failed Apprienteceship and a Burnout later i was at 138kg. I stayed at that weight till around half a year ago. Then just because of i ate alot less because i was broke and moved myself around more(i do every innercity thing now by bike) i lost 15kg kinda by itself.

Now that i have a normal budget again for food and maybe even gym it just clicked this time. I already started eating alot better than ever before. Oatmeal and Eggs for Breakfast a Chicken or Tuna Sandwich for lunch(whole grain bread) and usually some lean Meat with Veggies for Dinner. And i am Snacking mostly on Bananas,unsalted nuts and some Veggies i like(Cucumber,Carrots etc)

I cant really explain why after it feels like 1000 failed attemps it just started working. I did some reading around this Board the last few days and read that many of you said "The one Final Time you REALLY want it.. its suddenly alot easier than you ever imagined"
I guess its kinda this way for me now.

I dont know if i will use the Calorie Calculater forever but i think its a great starting Point to get a feeling of what i am eating and which food has what calories in what portions^^

My Goal is not to be skinny.. would look totally stupid on me. I am a burly guy with broad shoulders and Back. First i want to get back to around 90kg.. thats where i felt great the last time. And then maybe cut it down to 80kg. But i doubt i will go further. I am also not sure how much muscle gaining i am going to do. I can imagine getting a bit more defined arms and overall tighten everything up a bit once the Fat is gone.. but im not the guy to get jacked^^.. also one step at the time^^

So now everyone who is interested has a global overview of me,my situation etc.
I totally will answer any questions and be glad for any comment

And go easy on me.. i am not an English Native speaker so mistakes will sneak themselves in from time to time ;)

Have a awesome day everybody!
Jan

Replies

• lolaloca9
    lolaloca9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking to get healthy ( not skinny) as well. I have been trying to run again so I can do some 5 and 10Ks. The calorie calculator is a good way to see where all your calories are. I have a bad sweet tooth and need to cut back on chocolate. Keep reaching for your goals and stay positive!
  • JoyFrank1
    JoyFrank1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck my friend!
  • Zoltansbeard
    Zoltansbeard Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I already get the feeling of how much a difference just loggin on here can make :D i just put in my weight loss from today and one of my friends liked it.. now THAT was unsuspecting Motivational :D Thanks for welcoming me here and best of luck to you two too!