Biggest Pet Peeve......

Options
jewels319
jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
Another topic brought on a thought....... One of my biggest pet peeves which I have found I noticed since starting MFP and dieting is.........

People who order big macs, large fries and then ......a large diet soda........

Now I know some people prefer diet soda...but does it really really make you feel like your not eating crap.....

What is your pet peeve?

Replies

• Bob_Sugar
    Bob_Sugar Posts: 61
    Options
    Actually I do it all the time....well a 1/4 lber fries and a diet.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Ross Perot.
  • megala65
    megala65 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, you see, having the diet soda allows you to have the hot fudge sundae, because you gave up the sugar in a regular soda. lol Seriously though, I agree, if you're going to be bad, be all the way bad.
  • adagolden
    adagolden Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda and I split up two weeks ago...best thing I did. I don't even miss it. "it wasn't me, it was you"
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well you know what? It's better than order full on sugar soda like Coke! So when you order your big mac, large fry and 32 oz coke, and i order my big mac, large fry and diet, ill be saving myself roughly 400 calories :)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I don't like reg coke, so I only order diet, not for the cal value, but for taste. I personally don't know anyone that gets it for the cal value (or lack thereof) when ordering like that.

Drivers in the fast lane going slow. That is my peeve. Grrrrrrr
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When counting calories every 100 counts! Heck, every 1 counts :)

Pet peeve: When people put other people down...we are all human :wink:
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    LOL... I think the same thing!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I order the diet coke because I am saving myself from the calories and unnecessary sugar that you get from a regular pop. A large pop is the equivalent of what 3+ cans at around 100 calories each you are saving yourself 300+ calories by ordering a diet pop plus the sugar. That's just how I look at it and I like diet or rather cannot tell the difference between the two so I drink diet occasionally (like 2x a week if that)
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

So true!!! We are all human!!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options

Luv it
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    biggest pet peeve... when u help someone ALL the time, no matter how big or small, and when u need help, they refuse. no matter how big or small!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't see that as a problem. At least they're not ingesting an extra 300+ calories with a large soda. Whenever I have cheat meals, I still order diet coke with them. There's absolutely no reason for extra calories to come from a drink. At least have 300 calories worth of cookies or something! LOL. :) Besides, I like diet coke better than reg. now.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well you know what? It's better than order full on sugar soda like Coke! So when you order your big mac, large fry and 32 oz coke, and i order my big mac, large fry and diet, ill be saving myself roughly 400 calories :)

I agree!!
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't like reg coke, so I only order diet, not for the cal value, but for taste. I personally don't know anyone that gets it for the cal value (or lack thereof) when ordering like that.

Growing up we were allowed the occasional diet soda on special occasions...no real soda allowed, so I'm totally in it for the taste over the "health benefit". I can't even stand the smell of regular soda!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is just ignorance. Whatever form it comes in, whatever level of hostility is attached to it, ignorance is ignorance and it drives me MAD.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I work at mcdonalds and see this literally every day. The diet coke is actually worse, even if you are saving calories. Aspartame causes heart disease, leads to cancers, and rots away at your stomach lining. If I feel the need for soda (which I have about 1 12 oz can a month if that) I drink full calorie and just work it off.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    (I have even ordered Frosty Floats made with Diet Coke instead of regular...which would just be gross.) :blushing:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I dont eat Big Macs... never have eaten one... but I cant stand the taste of regular soda. It's wayyyyyyyyyyy to sweet! Like pure sugar.... IF I ever get soda it's diet just based on taste (and i hate drinking calories lol)
  • megala65
    megala65 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    But don't you see the contradiction in this? Why are you even ordering the Big Mac and fries? But hey, who am I to talk, I weigh 300 lbs, obviously I hadn't quite worked it all out yet. lol