What mini goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Currently, to get through my weekly training sessions with my personal trainer (who is less than half my age) without him laughing hysterically at how wimpy I am. :neutral: I have some muscle definition, but NO strength whatsoever, which was the point of hiring a trainer so that I can make progress.

It has made me workout harder during my other workouts so that I'm not quite so pathetic during my sessions. Kind of like cleaning the house before the cleaning service arrives.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    To go down a pants size; because more clothes will fit. And to get under 200 preferably by Jan. 9. Under 200 my knees feel better (arthritis/torn meniscus) and Jan. 9 we have out of town guest coming to stay for a long weekend.
  • Paulina1230
    Paulina1230 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    To get under 200. Im 4 pounds away now and sooooo very happy Im so close. Havent been under 200 in at least a decade.....Almost there.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    To hit 119 pounds before Christmas and sustain that until new year!
  • jhard728
    jhard728 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    To fit in my nice suit again.
  • stazed657
    stazed657 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    To get to the 10kg lost - only 1.2kg away - might make it by Xmas!
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hit my first big weight goal (130) by the end of January. This was the number I entered as my goal when I first joined MFP but I'm going to keep going once I get there. I'm currently 4lbs away but I'm probably going to end up maintaining for the rest of the month.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    my motivation is New Years vaca in Reno...I just fit in my size 8s, but want to be completely comfortable for the holiday, hopefully a couple more pounds before then.
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    159lbs by 12/31/15 my current weight is 163.6 so not sure if its possible but it would be great to end the year in the 150's even if its barely in the 150's lol.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't even weight related. My significant other's family tends to overeat and feel like crap around the holidays. My goal is to mindfully indulge and feel good through the New Year. Weight loss on top of that would just be the cherry on top of the happy body sundae!
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My minigoal is really my main goal: to get out of the "overweight" category. My whole family has developed Type II diabetes. I know I need to do my best to stay out of the danger zone. After that, I feel like I'll be able to breathe easier. I'm 5'8" at 176 lbs, and I need to get down to 164. 12 lbs to my goal.
    I don't want to stop there - I felt my best when I was at 140.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    To run 4 miles.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    My "ultimate" goal is reaching 152lbs, which is what I weighed in 2nd grade and I've only ever gone up from there. I'd still like to continue losing from there, but it's not as important as reaching 152!

I remember this number so vividly, because I had one "fat friend" in 2nd grade, and she wanted us to weigh ourselves, and I was so sure I wasn't gonna be as heavy as her but clocked in like 10+lbs higher than her... Nowadays it would be a pretty great weight on my frame!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to hitting 190--I will have lost 100 pounds at that weight! So close...

That is amazing progress! Congratulations!!
  • XxStrengthInNumbersxX
    Options
    Under 60 kgs by 1/1/16! So excited :)
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get under 200 lbs. by my next check up with my doctor in late January. It's about 13 lbs. away and I feel like I can make it (and still enjoy myself at Christmas).
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a new Showpo mini dress that I am wearing to a Christmas party next week! I'm looking so forward to rocking it!!!
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I ordered a pair of size 12 flannel-lined jeans for when it gets cold next month. My 14s are pretty loose, but I bet the 12s will be tight. So my goal is to be comfortable in them by January.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Really short term? My husbands christmas party is this weekend. I want to stay on track and see another small loss before going.

A little farther out...I'm about 8# from my pre children weight and I want to be there by end of February.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Shanel0916 wrote: »
    159lbs by 12/31/15 my current weight is 163.6 so not sure if its possible but it would be great to end the year in the 150's even if its barely in the 150's lol.

159.9 still counts, IMO! lol!