What mini goal is motivating you right now!

Options

Replies

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Two mini-goals.

1) To hit 230 (I'm at 238).

2) To fit well in my nice fitted shirts, and slacks.

My last goal was to get out of the obese category, and I hit that this past week. Yay.

My use of the word goal is really lose. This is just stuff I want to do, and am impatiently awaiting. So it's more like milestones that I am excited for, rather than actual goals. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    We won't discuss today because I came into work to find a client had brought us a huuuuuge cinnamon streusel cake and a biiiiiiig container of various nuts and I said yes to the cake and yes to way too many cashews but....

I weigh myself once a week and log the average at the end of the month so I'm shooting for 110 lbs as the average. I don't have any kind of time frame in mind. Just the number.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Several mini goals for me:

To be able to wear my uk10 goal jeans out in public. They're just a bit too snug - maybe another month...

To lose 1kg per month from 1st December to 29th February so that I am firmly out of the "overweight" bmi range -current BMI 25.9.

To improve my deadlift past 80kg.

To keep working towards achieving an unassisted pull up.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My next goal is 150lbs, ideally by May 1st, although I'm hoping more for March 1st. I'm 165lbs now and while it's not an impossible goal, I'm not hung up on the time frame either. I will reach 150lbs. After that, I will reach 125lbs. When that happens is up to my body and I've had to become ok with that.
  • rebecc6
    rebecc6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to lose 5 lbs by Christmas instead of gaining it. I am tired of my clothes being too tight and feeling like crap. I want to feel amazing again!
  • momoftwins985
    momoftwins985 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Get out of the 170's. I'm at 175 right now
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Was able to get into a new blouse on Saturday.
    Goal #1 No weight gain over the holidays. So far so good! I am dancing around less than 3 lbs from what I weighed on Thanksgiving (US) morning.
    Goal #2 No longer being obese about 10 lbs more down and I will officially be overweight.
  • BuddhaB0y
    BuddhaB0y Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Not dying is a pretty good motivation for me right now lol.
  • amymcd
    amymcd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to to from where I am right now, 166, to 162 by the end of the year. That will make an even 20 pounds lost for the year and at 5'8" I will be out of the overweight BMI category for the first time in over 10 years.
  • roxannerussell
    roxannerussell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To get too 160#'s, I been going up and down 3-4 #'s forever now! So it takes me 3 months to lose 10#'s
  • brownels
    brownels Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My mini goal: to be at 175 by Jan 1.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That im only fifteen pounds away from being a normal weight for my height. Surely i can lose that.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    2.2 pounds away from the third of ten mini goals on my happy scale ap. Achieving each mini goal keeps me motivated and pushing to reach that next one.

I love the mini goals on happy scale. It really helps keep me motivated.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To hit 285 by cruise end of Feb. Started in July at 337.
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My current mini goal is to lose 5 more pounds by Christmas. That will put my weight loss at 21 pounds so far.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    The winter weight loss challenge - being 7 lbs down by January the 2nd.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    To deadlift and squat 1.5 x my body weight. To run a 10k race under 55 min (haven't run any 10k race yet)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to gain muscle. That's not really a mini-goal though.

I guess a true mini-goal would be to dead lift 225. It's calculating to be my 1 rep max and I'm looking forward to trying it.
  • apthomas1988
    apthomas1988 Posts: 16 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Not really a mini goal, more like my ultimate goal, but I just got married and I would like to be at a healthier weight so I can have children and have a healthy pregnancy.