fastin diet pill

Has anyone tried fastin from hi tech pharmaceuticals? I'm thinking of buying I tried a pill tonight as a pre workout and man did it get me going I'm wondering if anyone else has

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You can probably get the same buzz from a cuppa of joe. Cheaper and you know the ingredients in coffee. Beans and water. Save your money
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited December 2015
    It's basically an amphetamine. Amphetamines suppress the appetite, like caffeine does. You can get the same effect from caffeine with less side effects, for cheaper.

Or, you could just eat less calories than you burn, and not take short cuts that don't really teach you any proper eating habits. I'd advise against taking stimulants without a doctor prescribing them, it's kind of a last resort. Phentermine (the active ingredient in Fastin) is only to be used in conjunction with a calorie deficit, and only when all other methods have failed. When prescribed by a doctor, it's usually prescribed to people with other health issues presenting at the same time as obesity.

For a list of side effects, see here: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/phentermine-side-effects.html
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Really, they are still in business? They've been involved in a lawsuit with the FDA for a while as one of the components of Fastin is banned by the FDA for being linked to several deaths.
  • rankinsect
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    It's basically an amphetamine. Amphetamines suppress the appetite, like caffeine does. You can get the same effect from caffeine with less side effects, for cheaper.

Or, you could just eat less calories than you burn, and not take short cuts that don't really teach you any proper eating habits. I'd advise against taking stimulants without a doctor prescribing them, it's kind of a last resort. Phentermine (the active ingredient in Fastin) is only to be used in conjunction with a calorie deficit, and only when all other methods have failed. When prescribed by a doctor, it's usually prescribed to people with other health issues presenting at the same time as obesity.

For a list of side effects, see here: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/phentermine-side-effects.html

Fastin isn't phentermine (anymore). It was once a brand name for prescription phentermine, but the name was bought and is now a cocktail of over-the-counter stimulants including DMAA which the FDA has declared illegal, but some companies are still selling pending the outcome of litigation.
  • ashleyking99374
    ashleyking99374 Posts: 5 Member
    I've been eating right drinking clean and loosing weight as well just I've heard good and bad things I was only using it as a pre workout and it worked fantastic as that
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited December 2015
    rankinsect wrote: »
    ultrahoon wrote: »

Fastin isn't phentermine (anymore). It was once a brand name for prescription phentermine, but the name was bought and is now a cocktail of over-the-counter stimulants including DMAA which the FDA has declared illegal, but some companies are still selling pending the outcome of litigation.

Fair play, I think the new outcome might be even worst than the first!

But to OP, despite this new information coming to light, doing things slow and steady in a way that teaches you proper eating habits is going to have a much higher chance of long term success still. All these quick fixes and hacks are for the short term, then once you're done with them, you still don't know how to eat proper serving sizes and control your calories. Many people just gain the weight straight back. Yo-yo dieting (as it is called) is not good for you.

EDIT: Ahh i see you are using it purely as a pre-workout. Well basically in that case you are taking drugs with serious litigation pending and known dangerous side effects for a better feeling while working out. I don't know about you, but I consider that borderline drug abuse.
  • rankinsect
    edited December 2015
    I've been eating right drinking clean and loosing weight as well just I've heard good and bad things I was only using it as a pre workout and it worked fantastic as that

It probably will give you energy right up until the point you have a massive heart attack. A big problem with supplements is that, unlike drugs, they don't need to be proven safe*, they are allowed to be sold until proven dangerous, and in this case, it's still on the market after the FDA already declared it dangerous.

(* The reason is pretty sad, too. The congressman that wrote the act that created the FDA owned a supplement company and basically designed the legislation to strongly regulate drugs and weakly regulate supplements so as not to put himself out of business.)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    What do we know, we are just a bunch old farts!!
  • ashleyking99374
    ashleyking99374 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm not putting anyone down just was curious I'm not abusing them I haven't even bought them