Question

Options
My log is telling me in order to complete my log I must spend the rest of my calories but I'm not hungry what should I do

Replies

• nikesandbows
    nikesandbows Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    how far below are you?
  • lovememarg17
    lovememarg17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Only 800 calories
  • lovememarg17
    Options
    But
    how far below are you?

Only 800 calories but I burned about 200 today
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It won't let you close it out if you are under 1000. It's just not healthy in the long run. If it's a single day because you are sick, I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens more often, I would be concerned about the health risks of inaccurate nutrition (yes, it is possible to be overweight and malnourished).
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    800 calories are not nearly enough if that's actually what you are eating. Use a food scale, log accurately, and eat what MFP tells you to. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside#latest
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I had that happen to me too and now I make sure I buy 5 bananas and a bag of oranges weekly. You'd be at a much healthier nutritional level too if you ate some fruit daily. Good calories and good nutrition, and sweet too!
  • lovememarg17
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    I had that happen to me too and now I make sure I buy 5 bananas and a bag of oranges weekly. You'd be at a much healthier nutritional level too if you ate some fruit daily. Good calories and good nutrition, and sweet too!

I've been being a healthy eater and I workout everyday so imbextreamaly proud of myself
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    If it's just 1 day you are that far under, don't worry about it. But if this is a consistent thing, you need to eat more calorie dense food (full fat yogurt, cheese and cook with oil).
  • Bossladytrainer
    Bossladytrainer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    see this is where MFP can get confusing for some.
    It really depends on your total caloric needs... don't eat back the calories you burned.
  • Bossladytrainer
    Bossladytrainer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    But it is important to eat all of your recommended calories for the day.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Lol story of my life. I'm doing a cutting phase and the only days it let's me complete is days I have a cheat meal. Don't worry about it though if you aren't hungry and it's only a couple of days it happens don't eat more just because it says so.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »

I've been being a healthy eater and I workout everyday so imbextreamaly proud of myself

Excellent. I was just offering my way to get an additional 200 calories a day. I've also eaten way below 1200 to lose 25 pounds quickly. No logging and weight off in less than 3 months. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to maintain so gained it back. Once you lose it though, you'll need to up your calories to maintain that weight. Then you can resume logging because you'll need more calories to get out of the deficit. I'd increase by 100 calories and then another 100, till you stop losing.

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Eating below 1200 cal a day for a prolonged period of time can be detrimental to ones health, and should not be encouraged.

A person embarking on a VLCD should do so only with professional support.

@lovememarg17 eating below your calorie goal for the odd day is OK.
    Nice to see you are making nutritious choices.

However, if you are consistently eating below your goal and not eating back any of your exercise cals, you may burn out, endanger your health, and find it difficult to attain your goal weight as your calorie needs diminish as your weight lowers.

Cheers, h.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Just fyi that the poster was under 18 and no longer a member.