giving up!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ChaseRichardson2015
    Options
    I think I'm on the verge of giving up, I should be eating about 1200 calories a day but I'm eating about 950. I try to take in as much as I can but I get full quickly and iv gotten so used to eating smaller portions that I hate the feeling of being over full. I feel happy with what I'm eating and I'm always well energised. ...not to the max but it's okay, I don't feel weak or anything I'm just perfectly fine. I know I should be eating more but I don't see the reason I should especially if I'm feeling well and my goal is to lose as much weight as I possibly can.

This is one thing i told myself during these hard time good thing come to those who wait
  • kutlwanosamuels
    kutlwanosamuels Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just need to get a food scale and probably exercise more to burn more...never thought having a food scale is essential for losing weight. I just thought all I have to do is eat as many fruits and veggies I could possibly eat, and somehow I'd lose weight from that.
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You can actually gain from eating too much fruit and veggies as all food has calories, no matter what it is. There are fat vegans. Make good choices for your health, but controlling your calories is the only way to manage your weight in a sustainable way.

I also thought I did not need a scale when I started and was shocked as to how far I was off when I guessed.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just need to get a food scale and probably exercise more to burn more...never thought having a food scale is essential for losing weight. I just thought all I have to do is eat as many fruits and veggies I could possibly eat, and somehow I'd lose weight from that.

Yay on getting a scale! You go, girl!

Food scales help you figure out how many calories you actually consumed. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you enter things in grams.

On fruits: They contain fruit sugar! So be careful on that. Veggies are fine but it's always good to know how many of them you ate. There's also the matter of preparing them: If you make a salad and put vegetable oil on it there's a good chance you're adding more calories than you think you do. Same with dressing.

• natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

You are losing weight though right? Your logging is off because you'd be losing more (albeit unhealthily) if it was accurate, but you're losing so no need to reduce intake. A food scale is still recommended though so you can log accurately, if your food isn't weighed then you don't know how many calories you're actually eating.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

You don't need to change anything except weighing your food. But eat the same calories as you were, with the same exercise, as you were losing at a perfect rate.