Did anyone loss weight with eating anything they want???

Options
How did you do it?? Did you exercise??

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Eating anything I wanted as long as it was in my calories, yes. I didn't do any exercise (other than walking about 3,000 steps a day, if that).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as it fits within my calories.
    Yes, I exercise.
    I have lost 55 lbs.
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sure, I just ate a little less of it. And yes, I exercise.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I could certainly eat more pizza and ice cream, but not in the portions I want. Also, I'd be hungry, as 500 calories of that is not as filling as something like a chicken, potato, and broccoli meal.

I do have pizza and ice cream rarely, and do exercise more on those days, but the majority of my calories do not come from empty calorie foods.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, you only need to control how much you eat.
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes. Stick to your caloric target and you can still lose weight. It's calories in vs calories out.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I ate anything I wanted to lose weight, but often not in the quantities I would've wanted.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I ate and eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time. I often want to eat more, but I choose not to, most of the time.
    I couldn't have sticked to my calorie goal for so long without eating food I like. But being mindful about calories influences my food preferences quite a bit, and being mindful about nutrition makes it easier to stick to my calorie goal. And eating better has improved my tastebuds so that I enjoy a wider variety of nutritious food.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want. But that doesn't mean I eat junk all day everyday. I do exercise, but not so that I can eat more. I don't track calories either.
  • pliler
    pliler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ice creme every night as long as its under my cals :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    No, nobody will be able to answer yes to that

Because you need to adjust how much you eat

It doesn't have to be what - and yes like everybody else if I wanted something that other people cut out I'd just eat it - but within calories eg I might have to give something up or exercise harder in order to eat pizza that night .. I never have to give anything up to fit in ice cream

at the start you can feel hungry and you learn cost - benefit - is wanting that pack of chips worth how hungry I might feel later or would I be better with a sandwich etc

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not as much as I want. Portion control.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I did indeed eat what I liked (I'm maintaining now) - but admittedly there were certain meals I would avoid. Curry for example (the type I liked anyway) was just too high calorie/high fat/high every thing for me to justify. It's absolutely fine to enjoy in moderation but I found my new, healthier body couldn't handle the oils and high fat content and I would spend the evening bent over the toilet! :( Shame! But ultimately yes - eat what you like! If you can make it fit, fantastic!
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    No. Eating what I want is how I got here. The foods that I "want" the most have lots of calories and do not fill me up. If I eat them now I will be hungry because I won't have room for more filling foods in my calorie allowance.

I do make room in my allowance sometimes for these high calorie foods but plan and make up for it on the days around it by decreasing calories. Will exercise more but I am never going to out walk pizza.

I don't see this approach changing when I have a few more calories when maintaining my weight either.
  • TheopolisAmbroiseIII
    Options
    its not what you eat. it's how much. I never eat to satisfaction because once I open a bag of chips, i would have to finish it, regardless of size. but I can eat chips and chocolate and pop and pizza. Just within moderation.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want, but my wants have changed: I often (not always) now want to lose another pound more than I want chips or French fries, so I eat less of things and more satiating lean proteins and vegetables.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes I have lost a lot of weight eating everything I want. It's a balancing act though. I indulge myself but without allowing the spoiled little brat inside me take over. Sometimes I need to shift calories around, other times I have to exercise more, I may even allow myself to get a little bit hungry on some days to fit a night out. I mean yes, I can eat anything I want, but not everything I want at once or in very large quantities. With time you learn how to judge if something is worth it. On some days skipping breakfast and having a couple of poached eggs on veggies for lunch is worth it if I want to enjoy a large cheesecake that evening, other days it's not, but in many cases the items I want can fit easily into my day without having to make a lot of sacrifices. I do exercise, but sporadically for health reasons.

Edited to add: In most cases I don't compromise on taste to make a food item lower in calories, but I do have some tricks like bulking pasta with veggies or brushing eggplant slices with a thin layer of egg whites to prevent them from acting like a sponge soaked with oil when I feel like having fried eggplants.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yes, I ate pizza (for those counting "empty calories", it was part skim milk cheese and I make the pizza myself, so not as many "empty calories") almost every day and often had fudge pops for snacks at night. If it fit my calories it was ok to eat. I'm down 42lb to date. I did avoid empty calories, but only so much as a sugary drink meant I was hungry at the end of the day, where as a sugar free drink allowed me to eat more. I do manage to fit in a mud slide once a month (a 800 calorie desert drink) As far as I can tell I was never malnourished so I think I got enough variety.

Yes, I exercised (SL5x5, Ultimate Frisbee, the occasional running, extra walks), but I ate back 100% of my exercise calories. So, strictly speaking they didn't contribute to my weight loss as my plan had the deficit built in regardless of exercise. If you just count all of the exercise as weight loss it contributed maybe 20% of my total.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I eat anything and everything I want, in moderation, and within my calorie goal. If I exercise I just get to eat more of it.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself, but I try to stay within my goal. My breakfast is pretty much the same, and I may have a light lunch, or just a snack, in order to enjoy dinner with my husband. I do the cooking.