STANLEY CUP MUNCHIES!

Options
Post some healthy alternatives to the typical snackie food for the Stanley Cup Playoffs! I will be serving chips and salsa for hubby, but baby carrots and salsa for me.

GO BRUINS!!

Replies

• Dahlface13
    Dahlface13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love me some celery and guacamole!
  • chmie662
    chmie662 Posts: 31
    Options
    Canucks...not so sure they're healthy though
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I might make the fake guac tonight!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253252-guacamole-alternative

Maybe make up some of my own tortilla chips with it, or maybe have it with celery or something!

GO BRUINS!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    COME ON BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Carrots and hummus here...while I watch the CANUCKS take their first cup!!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I'm loving all the hockey love here!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Veggies and lowfat dip and some fresh fruit :)

GO CANUKS!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Kettle brand chips has come out with a baked variety that only has 4.5 g of fat for 30 chips. I like the aged white cheddar. Also, if you like cheetos, you might try Gaytan's cheese puffs, also low in fat and calories (London Drugs sells them)
  • kashe8
    kashe8 Posts: 23
    Options
    GO BRUINS!!!

We always go to the bar to watch them...which is why the scale has not moved in a week! UGH!

I wish the bar had healthy options. :(
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    Although my pens aren't playing I have to watch... I'm broiling wings (putting a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet to get em crispy) tossing them in franks red hot buffalo sauce and serving them with fat free ranch and a side of carrots and celery dipped in homemade roasted red pepper hummus. Sounds good to me :) and keeps me within my calorie goals. Although I have had to REALLY watch my sodium all day to keep myself from bloating up from the hot sauce. AND i'm only allowed 2 beers TOPS!! I just can't say NO to beer so I have to work the calories and carbs in :-/
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    .: Go Canucks Go! :. We want the cup! We want the cup!

We are having turkey burger sliders for the game. Probably some chips with no salt and salsa too :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-0 in the first already! I'm sitting here foodless although might make a smoothie later
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions!
  • moochiesmoochie
    Options
    Baked a chicken for dinner...no snacks. Go Boston!!!!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    GO CANUCKS!!! Looks bad for them this game, but they WILL win the next one!

I'm eating an apple and some baked cheetos and drinking water. My husbands drinking beer and getting grouchy....
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Celery and natural peanut butter, grilled veggies on skewers, low fat graham crackers, rosemary and olive oil triskets.Those are my favorites! Also tortilla chips and salsa aren't that bad if you eat them in moderation.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wooo! onto game 7 Bruins!! :happy:
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Kettle brand chips has come out with a baked variety that only has 4.5 g of fat for 30 chips. I like the aged white cheddar. Also, if you like cheetos, you might try Gaytan's cheese puffs, also low in fat and calories (London Drugs sells them)

I have looked everywhere for the baked ones and can't find them yet. I am hoping they end up in the northwest soon. Sad to see the Canucks lose tonight but that means they can win at home on Wednesday. Go Canucks!