Replies

• misspancakes
    misspancakes Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words everyone :smiley:
  • weagl860
    weagl860 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!! Thank you for sharing! How much weight have you lost??
  • misspancakes
    Options
    Hi Weagl860 I have only lost about 3kg (6 pound).

It just goes to show that the number on the scales really don't matter.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You look great! Can't wait until I'm there!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!
  • weagl860
    weagl860 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true! Great transformation! Now I just need to get myself better acquainted with strength training!! :-)
  • misspancakes
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I have done the dieting thing, the cardio thing and the starving thing... none of that worked.... strength training has changed my body so much in such a relatively short period of time.... persistence though is the key.
    Don't give up because you think its too heavy or you cant do it, your mind will give up before your body does.
  • djavaneh
    djavaneh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!!! This is honestly huge motivation and really inspiring! I started tracking seriously on MFP four weeks ago, but only just discovered the community it function!

I would love to know what types of weight trainings you used to make sure you were getting leaner, rather than buffing up? Did you start off with a specific regimen/schedule? I have never been one to work out a lot but I am hoping g to start slowly over the holidays.

Do you have any specific suggestions on how to ease in to lifting, especially given your own experiences? For me for example:
    I am 5"8 (174cm tall)
    SW: 74.6 kg
    CW: 71.8kg
    Ideal weight: 65kg
    Timeline: nothing too crazy. I'm aiming for a around a 0.8kg loss per week, so I'm hoping to make my target date around two months from now (right around Valentine's Day)

Sorry to be posting so much, but I would honest love any advice I can get, especially since you've been so successful. If you don't mind me asking, what are your height and weight statistics now? I think it's always interesting to compare before and after pictures when the person became really fit in the process, rather than simply focusing on weight loss.

Thank you already!!! You look absolutely amazing!
  • misspancakes
    Options
    djavaneh wrote: »
    You look absolutely amazing!!! This is honestly huge motivation and really inspiring! I started tracking seriously on MFP four weeks ago, but only just discovered the community it function!

I would love to know what types of weight trainings you used to make sure you were getting leaner, rather than buffing up? Did you start off with a specific regimen/schedule? I have never been one to work out a lot but I am hoping g to start slowly over the holidays.

Do you have any specific suggestions on how to ease in to lifting, especially given your own experiences? For me for example:
    I am 5"8 (174cm tall)
    SW: 74.6 kg
    CW: 71.8kg
    Ideal weight: 65kg
    Timeline: nothing too crazy. I'm aiming for a around a 0.8kg loss per week, so I'm hoping to make my target date around two months from now (right around Valentine's Day)

Sorry to be posting so much, but I would honest love any advice I can get, especially since you've been so successful. If you don't mind me asking, what are your height and weight statistics now? I think it's always interesting to compare before and after pictures when the person became really fit in the process, rather than simply focusing on weight loss.

Thank you already!!! You look absolutely amazing!

Hey! Thank you so much for your feedback  its so nice to hear from lovely people.

I started weight training properly approx. 4 months ago. Before that I was the usually girl at the gym on the treadmill or on the elliptical trainer etc for silly amounts of time..
    I wish I knew what I know now earlier.. I got married in November last year and tried to slim down for the wedding as I had put on a lot of weight due to a knee injury and wasn’t able to play as much sport.
    I am looking better in 4 months than I have using the cardio method for years..

My stats are as below (approx.).

Height – 5”4 (shorty).
    Start Weight (1st Pic) 59.9kg (132 pound)
    Currentish weight (latest pic in yellow sports bra) 61kg (134 pound).

I have stopped weighing myself as I feel the scales gives absolutely no reflection on progress.. and I believe my pictures can justify that reason. I am smaller yet heavier.

When I go to the gym my current schedule is as follows –

Monday 6am (arms)
    3km run on treadmill to warm up
    11km per hour – 1 minute on 30 seconds off.
    I do that for the whole 3km. I sometimes bump it up to 12/13 – and by all means I am no runner!

Once I am warm I head over to weights area to warm up my core which is great for all round fat burning.
    Weight assisted chin ups. (the more weight you put on the easier it is, so whatever weight you stack comes OFF your weight, so less weight harder it is).
    I do 3 sets of 10 reps. Usually the last set I struggle to do the last 4 or so.

I superset the core with some other upper body exercise, whether it be lat pull downs or machine chest press, or fly.
    I try to do these as heavy as I can without hurting myself.. after a few months you will notice that the weights you started off on are too light now, you need to really work for it nothing worth having comes easy.

I then grab the free weights last week I was using 5kg hand weights, I now use 7kg weight to do biceps etc. Same with the barbell last week I was using 10kg I am now using 15kg. (bicep curls etc).

So in order to ‘reward’ myself, I leave my favourite exercise last… which is bench press..
    3 months ago I could not even lift the bar on its own (which is 22kg) I am not bench pressing 42kg.. with a spotter (though can only usually get out 5 reps). I can bench press 30kg on my own without assistance.

Tuesday 6am.Legs
    Instead of running I get on the low bike and ride for 10mins to warm up the legs.

After that I get on the glute leg extension (weighted donkey kick).which targets your bottom! I do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
    I superset those with seated leg extension – this targets your quads. I also do 3 lets of 10-12 reps.

After that I get on the leg press, this I went from 80kgs to 135kgs in only a few weeks. I like to keep my feet closer together to target the bum a bit more.
    I superset this with barbell squats. No weight on them just the bar. I am still learning form so I prefer to not use weights just yet.

I will then do some calf raises and superset that with hip thrusts.

Wednesday 6am Shoulders
    Same as Monday – run!
    And core. Do that again.

I then shoulder press this is usually about 10kgs each side of the bar. 3 sets of 10 reps
    Superset with deltoid raises (5kg hand weights) 3 sets of 10 reps.

Dumbell Shoulder press (7kgs) 3 sets of 10 reps
    Cable Rope rear Delt Row 3 sets of 10 reps
    And front raises with a 10kg barbell weight

Thursday 6am
    Back to legs.

Friday 6am
    All upper body a mix of any of the above.

Saturday.
    Whatever I feel like on the day – either shoulders or legs.

It might sound all foreign to you and I understand but http://www.bodybuilding.com/ has some great information on all different muscle groups and exercises to target them (under the 'training' tab).

Doing it correctly makes a world of difference.

Remember – nothing worth having comes easy… so lift.. lift as heavy as you can, but be careful, as one injury can be a massive set back.

Feel free to ask me should you have any other questions 

Ps. A pic of my shoulders from this morning.

zcdw2dtyifhp.jpg

• misspancakes
    Options
    weagl860 wrote: »
    So inspirational!! Thank you for sharing! How much weight have you lost??

I have not lost any weight... I have gained 1kg!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!