Will adderall ruin my hard work.

Options
I've lost roughly 60 lbs this year and I'm considering starting adderall again. I was wondering if it will affect my diet negatively ? I don't want to gain anymore weight I don't want to lose anymore weight. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• paulcenso
    paulcenso Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i67vxrpnzau0.jpeg
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Pfft...hurt your progress? I've heard there's a LOT of women who have been taking it as a diet aid / preworkout. I don't recommend off label uses of widely abused Rx, but I can't imagine it would hurt your progress.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    It will only hurt progress if you let it.

Monitor your weight changes and food intake to calculate TDEE. Eat that much. If taking adderall changes the numbers, then adjust food to accommodate.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Adderral suppresses your appetite, so you should be fine. Just make sure you're eating enough!
  • RacheLoko
    RacheLoko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It actually may hurt your diet. For a good diet you have to make sure you get enough calories especially while working out on days I take adderall some times I barely make it half way to 1,000 calories so you just have to monitor your diet pretty good
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    All dietary issues aside...if you need it, take it.

Having said that, I'm given to understand that it's a fairly strong appetite suppressant.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You will just have to monitor your intake to make sure you consume enough calories to maintain.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Adderral suppresses your appetite, so you should be fine. Just make sure you're eating enough!

This.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    paulcenso wrote: »
    I've lost roughly 60 lbs this year and I'm considering starting adderall again. I was wondering if it will affect my diet negatively ? I don't want to gain anymore weight I don't want to lose anymore weight. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Are you having difficulty maintaining your current weight?
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If your doctor wants you to take it go a head. It shouldn't hurt your progress. Suppresses the appetite, just make you eat. If you don't you vomit.
    Clearly you didn't get the same reactions I got from it. I don't care if it would make me drop to 150 I won't touch that stuff again.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »
    Clearly you didn't get the same reactions I got from it. I don't care if it would make me drop to 150 I won't touch that stuff again.

Did you take it for ADD or to try and lose weight? Cause it is very bad to try and take it as a appetite suppressant if you don't have ADD.....
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OP, make sure you eat a very big breakfast before you take it, snack between meals and count calories to make sure you eat enough. I take it for ADD - and the worst side effects went away when I started doing the above....
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Did you take it for ADD or to try and lose weight? Cause it is very bad to try and take it as a appetite suppressant if you don't have ADD.....
    Quote/

I have ADD. And it really did help with it. The side effects just sucked so much that I had to quit.
  • paulcenso
    Options
    Quote/

I have ADD. And it really did help with it. The side effects just sucked so much that I had to quit.

Yes for add. I would not take a narcotic for weight loss help.
    astrampe wrote: »

• paulcenso
    Options
    For the record getting back on adderall did not make me gain the weight back.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Nice! :mrgreen: