Calling College Students

Options
Hey all! Just joined here and would love some motivation. I keep saying I'm going to stick with this... but to no avail. Procrastination works with homework occasionally, but not with being healthy.

Oh the life of a college student.

Replies

• Sandybell0228
    Options
    I'm the same way idk if I can keep up with this lets motivated each other .. We can do it ..
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm in college at the moment, although I don't face the challenges of living on campus with parties and social events. However, I'm in for culinary school, so I guess that's another set of food challenges. Feel free to add me!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am in college for the third time. First time right out of high school. second time while going through a divorce and now hopefully for the last time to finish with my degree in education. I have a husband and an 11 year old son. So stress is no stranger to me. You are welcome to add me.
  • stephgreene
    stephgreene Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm about to be a sophomore in college! Feel free to friend me!
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    College caused me to gain 20 lbs within a year......apparently I missed the "Freshman 15" memo! lol.

It's been almost 2 years since I've been in college, I missed a year because I got pregnant.....but I'm hoping to go back within the next 5 years or so!

I have a year of Bachelor of Arts in English under my belt! :)
  • amandarose22
    Options
    I added you, I'll be a sophmore this fall semester and I have gained 20lbs since I started last year. I'm trying to lose 2lbs a week and my goal is to lose 50lbs by september.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    I lived right next door to the dining hall my freshman year and this past year I lived with girls who ate all day (literally) and never gained a pound. Unfortunately I was not blessed with their metabolisms or the will power to go for the salad bar instead of the greasy foods. Please feel free to add me...all of you! I just joined MFP a few weeks ago and would love to have some motivation to do this!
  • amandarose22
    Options
    I lived right next door to the dining hall my freshman year and this past year I lived with girls who ate all day (literally) and never gained a pound. Unfortunately I was not blessed with their metabolisms or the will power to go for the salad bar instead of the greasy foods. Please feel free to add me...all of you! I just joined MFP a few weeks ago and would love to have some motivation to do this!

Hi there, I added you as a friend. And I understand what you mean by having those friends who don't gain weight and eat almost all day.
  • hannahbaby417
    Options
    I'm going to be a junior in college next year. It's really hard being healthy and being a college student at the same time but I think that we all can do it. I'd love to be friends with y'all.

All I can say is, thank God for MFP.
  • mizzou22xSam
    Options
    I'm going off to college in August, and am trying to avoid gaining the Mizzou 22, my schools typical weight gain ;[
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    my friend goes to Mizzou! she was really careful about her eating habits and making sure she worked out at least a few times a week and she actually LOST 5 lbs in her first semester! good luck!
  • mizzou22xSam
    Options
    Thanks ! I am hoping because I am in an apartment instead of a dorm and I will be cooking my food/ have a fitness center that it will help !