nursing and calories

Options
there isn't any option to mark if your nursing a child or not. I know that means I need to eat a bit more. but how much more. how do i know when enough is enough?

Replies

• mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    there isn't any option to mark if your nursing a child or not. I know that means I need to eat a bit more. but how much more. how do i know when enough is enough?
  • supermom1114
    Options
    300-500 Calories :bigsmile: you can add it as an exercise if youd like and just go put it in everyday
  • mommachag
    Options
    YAY thanks
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You can also set custom goals so it knows the total you want per day. i do not know how many to add for breast feeding but you can just add that total to the recomended total by setting a custom goal.
  • mommachag
    Options
    i entered it in as en excersise. that way if i go away from him for a night or a day I wont have those calories there.
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has a program for nursing mom's and there recommendation is about 500 extra calories if the infant is solely nursing and once the infant starts to eat solids you can slowly reduce the amount of calories you are eating, hope this helps.