Energy?????

Options
I fell off the old wagon about a year ago....gained everything back :neutral: So starting over again....let me say this I'm very sensitive about things I take but I used to buy a natural pill with raspberry ketones, green tea, and a tiny bit of caffeine and they were amazing didn't make me jittery nothing....but then all the sudden they didn't seem to work...so I tried a couple other things and when I went back to get the old ones...GONE cant find them anywhere and now I cant even remember the name of them....I need some help with taking something for energy???? its why I stopped working out cause I didn't feel I could make it through a whole workout anymore...I suffer from very bad fatigue but doctor says nothing is wrong with me??? Does anyone have any suggestions??? I have tried the spark from Advocare but I have digestion issues and anything with the stuff they make it from gives me heartburn as any drink mixes(kool-aide, crystal light) tried couple different things from GNC and I thought my heart would explode...so it needs to be mostly natural and no I cant take the B supplements they make me sick at my stomach also...Just looking for others ideas....ugh thanks!!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How about drink coffee or green tea for energy? Raspberry ketones are garbage!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Do you get enough sleep? Are you eating properly and enough?
  • amazin71
    amazin71 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee (gross) or anything hot....I took a green tea supplement but it didn't work guess maybe I should try to up the dose???
  • amazin71
    Options
    yes on the sleep...I could sleep days straight in a row...last night example I got off work, went to the store then home...I wasn't hungry so played with the grandson was in bed by 8 slept all night and barely could get my eyes open and been yawning all day feeling drained...no energy. I'm getting my eating back on track but no I never eat enough I have a digestion issue so I'm not overweight from eating to much if I do clear 1000 calories a day its cause I ate something that is junk :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Green tea pills don't do anything. If they mentally give you a kick-start than go for it. But, if I were you I would make sure I am sleeping at least 7 hours a night and drinking enough water (64 ounces per day). If you do that and still don't have energy, look at your food. Are you eating a variety of "healthy" foods? Veggies, proteins, good fats, carbs, etc.

If you do all that, I would bet you won't need an energy pill.

Also, taking vitamins on an empty stomach always makes me sick. Make sure you take vitamins after you've eaten.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    amazin71 wrote: »
    yes on the sleep...I could sleep days straight in a row...last night example I got off work, went to the store then home...I wasn't hungry so played with the grandson was in bed by 8 slept all night and barely could get my eyes open and been yawning all day feeling drained...no energy. I'm getting my eating back on track but no I never eat enough I have a digestion issue so I'm not overweight from eating to much if I do clear 1000 calories a day its cause I ate something that is junk :)

Do you exercise at all? I feel like that when I haven't exercised. I actually feel like I have more energy if I will exercise regularly.
  • amazin71
    Options
    I take all my vitamins with my smoothie in the morning. I have a smoothie for breakfast and lunch and usually a tuna salad sandwich for dinner or sometimes lunch. My choices are not always good especially since im getting back into doing it the right way...like my smoothies have a lot of fruit in them but I will start weining it out and more veggies as I get back into them
  • amazin71
    Options
    I haven't exercised in a year(well on occasion here in there) but I was 5 days a week for 2yrs. and I love it want to get back at it I felt better and so energetic but I stopped because I was getting tired and not making through my hour workout to the point I stopped working out so I could sleep in
  • amazin71
    Options
    I stopped taking the energy pill I had been taking and boom nothing!!! I could fall asleep at my desk by 3pm but the doctors say its cause they think im going into pre menopause nothing else shows up they say stick it out and it will soon pass
  • foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    Yerba Mate tea!
  • foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    I was drinking spark for a while and still take some vitamins through them but I love tea energy. Yogi tea has a good energy one too!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My husband is also on a very restricted diet for medical reasons. He's tired all the time as well. It's tough when you can't eat a well balanced diet, and worse when you're low on your calories. The doctor insisted he gain 10# and the only way he could do that was by adding corn chips (he can't eat potatoes or gluten and already eats rice and popcorn almost daily).
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Get on track. Your energy should come from within, not from caffeine or pills. Log accurately what you eat and measure yourself, and log your weight. Measuring things does something unique, it helps to focus your attention and see what you need to change. It also encourages you because you can see your own progress.
  • itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you have low B12, you can have your doctor give you a prescription for B12 injections. The B pills tear my stomach up too so the only way I can take it is with a shot.
  • jwalling1221
    jwalling1221 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hate to give med advice, but Alegra D behind pharmacy counter has ephedrine in it. It is mild and will reduce hunger and give a boost of energy. Since you have to give your drivers license and sign a book, they regulate how much you can take so you don't overdue it. Please don't use long term, but can help you get over the occasional hump.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I hate to give med advice, but Alegra D behind pharmacy counter has ephedrine in it. It is mild and will reduce hunger and give a boost of energy. Since you have to give your drivers license and sign a book, they regulate how much you can take so you don't overdue it. Please don't use long term, but can help you get over the occasional hump.
    This is why it's behind the counter now.