My Zig-Zag Method Challenge

Options

Replies

• sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Zig-Zagging:

My goal was to eat 1800 calories NET.. and I ended up with 1154 NET. oops. Sorry guys! [It is 11 pm and I am currently stuffing my face with whey protein and 2 cups of grapes.] ... tomorrow, I.Will.Eat.More.!!!! :)
  • kathala
    kathala Posts: 9
    Options
    I would love to get more details about this. i have never heard of this before. I have been dieting since 2000. I lost 143 lbs and gained back 43 lbs. I started to lose again then hit a plateau and can't seem to get past it. I am really struggling and I have to get this 43 lbs back off. I do work out most of the time 5 days a week. So ANY THING that will help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have thought about trying this. Only thing is, on the weekends I run and race a lot and it's sometimes tough to even hit 1200 calories. I'm going to watch this thread to see how it works for everyone. :love:
  • Adrianamdelacruz
    Options
    Bump
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I am zig zagging as well...and really haven't lost anything in two weeks. I've changed a LOT of stuff around though along with my food intake, including lowering carbs and seriously switching up my workouts. My body is probably still freaked out lol.
  • sarah307
    Options
    Well, hello everyone :)

Today is Day 4 of my 7 day zig-zag challenge :)

I know a lot of you are following this so I will update a little.

My Zig-Zagging Method

NET Calorie Goals: What actually happened:
    Day 1: 1500
    1620 calories NET
    Day 2: 1200
    1224 calories NET
    Day 3: 1800
    1288 calories NET
    Day 4: 1500
    Day 5: 1300
    Day 6: 1650
    Day 7: 1500

***As you can see, on Day 3, I didn't eat near as much as I needed to for this challenge. But that's okay. Cause my main goal is to confuse my body. :) So, I am trying to do basically 2 days with low calorie (net) intake, with the third day being a higher calorie (net) intake.

Today is officially Day 4 - I'll let you know how I do! I have 1500 as the goal and since that isn't significantly higher than 1288 (the previous day), it is still 200+ calories.

***ultimately - AFTER this 7 day challenge - I will just try to do smaller zig-zags. For example, (random numbers) ... 1200 calories, 1300 calories, [third day] 1500 calories, then back to 1200 calories.

We'll see what happens :) !!

***edit:
    keep in mind, I am just guessing all of this. I got the goal numbers from a website that is posted here in this forum. I am seriously just trying this out for one week and seeing what happens :)
  • sarah307
    Options
    been doing some research and found this site

http://www.rippednaturally.com/zig-zag-diet.html
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    ***edit:
    keep in mind, I am just guessing all of this. I got the goal numbers from a website that is posted here in this forum. I am seriously just trying this out for one week and seeing what happens :)

Keep in mind hun...1 week really isn't enough time for you to see much in the way of results from zig zagging. Most people have to go at minimum two weeks, and occasionally a month to see the bigger losses. Some get really lucky and it works in a week...but it's not common.

For me lol...today is supposed to be my 'big eat' day at 2147 net calories. Add in 600cal from working out...and even if I only eat back half of it...that's a bunch of food! Problem is...I skipped both breakfast AND my mid morning snack...since I was up all night with sick children.

We'll see how it goes!

Cris
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Just read this...that's pretty interesting for sure...and his results speak for themselves. 4mos to go from 30%+ bodyfat down to 3% lol?? I'm about 20%.

Hmm...
  • sarah307
    Options

Just read this...that's pretty interesting for sure...and his results speak for themselves. 4mos to go from 30%+ bodyfat down to 3% lol?? I'm about 20%.

Hmm...

Yeah, i read more about this! I do plan on trying this for a month or so but just logging it for like a week so people can see examples of calories and stuff. Pretty awesome website.. I'm about 19% and my goal is to go to 15% body fat!
  • sarah307
    Options
    End of Day 4: 1410 NET yay! because the goal was 1500

Well, zig-zaggers: I promise not to get on the scale until Tuesday! :) Which will be day 7 of my strict zig-zagging. (even though I have not stuck with it to a "T", I am trying!) I realize it takes longer than a week, but I am just logging every day my experience with this for a week. Depending on my results, I will continue to zig-zag or not! *Tomorrow is day 5? and my goal is 1300, a low calorie day. Wish me luck!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Bump! Hoping you'll continue to keep us updated! I've decided to give zig-zagging a try again this week. Still arguing with myself about making my goals NET calorie goals though. Hmm... Yesterday I didn't eat my exercise calories back, today I did. I think I might just make these NET goals, because man it is nice to not go to bed hungry!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    how did you decide how many calories to eat each day? My daily recommend is 1500-something so I don't know how low is TOO low, or how high is TOO high. Help?
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    how did you decide how many calories to eat each day? My daily recommend is 1500-something so I don't know how low is TOO low, or how high is TOO high. Help?

Here is one:

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/64/zig-zag-calculator-for-fat-loss-andor-muscle-gain

It's not the one a lot of people here use...but they are all similar.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Will be trying this starting next week :D
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    Gonna try this for the next 2 weeks see how I go will be interested to know how it pans out for everyone
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Bumpasaus rex. :D
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to give this a try as well, can't wait to see how it works for everyone.