getting RE-started

Options
Hello everyone! I've been on here for years but keep slacking off. I start doing really well and think, ' I can do this on my own. I don't need MFP.' Normally I'm wrong. I fall off that awful wagon and bounce all over the ground ending up right back where I started. Sometimes with extra pounds. Well now I'm done. I'm tired of being a fat girl. I'm getting married in October and I don't want my dress to be a size 24. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and say, "you look beautiful and you feel it to. No one can take that away." I have 4 weddings I'm apart of next year including mine. And each wedding I want to be a smaller size. I'm all in for this and I refuse to let me doubt myself. I'm ready to crush every pound into the ground so that I never have to see it again. If you feel like helping me on my journey feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help you too.

Replies

• Amandabe
    Amandabe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you.. I have been using this for years being good for awhile then falling off the wagon... I am making today day one of trying to be good!
  • Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! Gained 40 pounds back of the 80 I lost last year! We can do this!!!!
  • Jadsiat
    Jadsiat Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I have been with this off and on for several years. I have also tried WW but with all of their changes, I'm giving that up and sticking to MFP. I have bad knees and can't do much exercise so losing weight isn't easy for me. I would like to lose at least 25 pounds by the end of April and am looking at knee replacement at that time. Any encouragement I can have will be appreciated.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    commit to log in here every day and log your food accurately and bit by bit you will accomplish the weight loss you desire.
    I've been logging into MFP since 2012, reached goal in 2013 and maintaining ever since - but I can tell you I have to work at keeping that weight off every single day... its a lifestyle change but absolutely doable.

• HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, too! I used MFP religiously a few years back and lost 80 pounds between logging on here and exercising regularly. Then I stopped for some reason and have gained most of it back since. I started back on here about 10 days ago and started exercising this week. It definitely takes some dedication and helpful MFP friends aren't so bad, either :smile:

Anyone can friend request me, if they'd like! It's good to have a good group of people on here.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have the same cycle -- I will do great and get to a weight I feel good about and then stop tracking, lose my focus and gain most (if not all) of it back.
  • Zumbagal84
    Zumbagal84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! I lost 40 pounds last time I used mfp, BUT got lazy when I had my baby. Convinced myself "oh I can eat whatever I want, I'm breastfeeding, I'll burn it off, blah blah blah." I haven't. I'm fat, and feel tired. Time for a change!
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Me too! I actually just went back and updated all of my previous check-ins so that I my stats reflect where I actually started back again in the last few weeks. It was a bit confronting to see that I'm up 14 lbs from 2013! Not to worry, it will come off (again), and then the rest. Good luck to ya!
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Me to! I have gained back 30lbs. Just had a baby 6 weeks ago but have lost all but 10lbs that I gained with pregnancy. Now I am ready to loose that 30lbs and maybe another 10!
  • 1880emma
    1880emma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Know exactly how you all feel. I'm a stone heavier than this time last year and have let things get out of control . Need to really focus and get back into it . I need someone pushing me on all the time !