Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
I currently use the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Program and would really like someone else to go through it with :) I like the thought of having someone going through the program with me day by day. I haven't made it past week 3 and would love the support!

Replies

• wuzyursign
    wuzyursign Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2. So far, I like the program, but am having trouble with Workout #2 DVD. It skips at minute 6.
    How are you liking the program? I saw very good results during the first week. Are you in Week 3 or having trouble physically getting past week 3?
  • AmandaTucker127
    AmandaTucker127 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love the program! Week 3 is just such a huge difference from Weeks 1 and 2. I am having difficulties keeping myself motivated to get through it. I'll start it then find myself making excuses to not get in my workout. I think I'm letting it intimidate me.
  • 15Veronica
    15Veronica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started so I'm only on Week 1, Day 3. This is my second time with this program as the first time I made it to Week 5 and then fell off the wagon. I really like this program and am hoping to make it through the entire set this time!
  • dmegan012
    dmegan012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it January 1st. I've had the program since it came out and never made it past Week 2.
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    dmegan012 wrote: »
    I'm starting it January 1st. I've had the program since it came out and never made it past Week 2.

I understand that! Hopefully we all can make it to the first month and then keep going. The past few weeks, I've been working on cleaning up my nutrition but wasn't counting calories. I have to work in baby steps or this will overwhelm me. So I just started actually tracking my food this week. It has definitely been an eye opener.
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    It really is an eye-opener! Sometimes, even when you think you're eating healthy the calories consumed still make it UNhealthy.
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    dmegan012 wrote: »

I'm planning on restarting it soon as well (for the millionth time) so I might just hold off until the 1st and do it at the same time as you!
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    I'll be doing Week 1, Day 4 today and for the first time this week, I'm not completely sore. Hopefully that means my body is starting to get use to me exercising again. Although I always feel that if I'm sore, it's "working" :smile:

I finally took my measurements this morning - at first, I wasn't going to because sometimes when the numbers aren't moving fast enough in the right direction, I get discouraged. But ultimately, it does help to see where I've been. Especially now when I look back at the numbers from my past exercise sets - seeing where I once was and where I am now makes me mad enough to keep pushing play on that workout video!

Good luck to everyone who'll be starting Jan. 1!
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    I feel the same way about sore muscles, sure they hurt...but it's a GOOD hurt!

I was taking my meaurements a while back but have stopped. It is satisfying to see every little quarter inch of loss! Every bit is progress!
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    ... It is satisfying to see every little quarter inch of loss! Every bit is progress!

I agree!

I woke up this morning sneezing and have that "feeling" in the back of my throat so I'm guessing I'll be getting sick just in time for Christmas. I don't want this to derail my short progress so I'm going to keep plugging away with the workouts, even if I don't do them 100%. So this morning, I completed Day 5, which is Phase 1, Workout 2. Love the pelvic thrusts since I can feel it working my backside, which is one of my main issues.

How's everyone doing with their food? So far I've stuck to my calorie goals but I know with Christmas coming up, resisting those treats are going to be more difficult!
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    My food has been HORRIBLE. I've even stopped logging out of guilt lol. I'm actually getting a little a excited about getting back on track with the workouts and the food though! My husband will be dragged into it as well, so that's a bonus.

Good job staying focused on the workouts! We have been traveling way too much for me to get mine in.
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    Woke up yesterday to a lovely cold that wiped me out. So I switched Day 6 with Day 7, which means yesterday was my Rest Day (Day 7) and today was Phase 1, Cardio (Day 6). I did feel a little better today so I'm glad I switched but I did end up out of breathe much faster with this cardio routine.

So I'm officially done with Week 1! I'll start Week 2 tomorrow.

noahs_mom - That's great that you'll have your husband doing this with you!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I will be starting Jan 4th. Need to finish 21 Day Fix Extreme first.
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    Hi workout_junkee!

I just finished Week 2, Day 8 (Workout 1 again). Since it's been a week since I started, I weighed myself just to see. I wasn't expecting anything but I am down 1 lb. Most likely it's due to me watching my calories. I also did my measurements and although I wasn't expecting any changes, I "lost" 1/2" in my abs. To be honest, I think it was my nutrition again since I cleaned up my eating (not perfect yet but much better than before) and was less bloated.

I noticed that I was able to do some of the exercises longer in this workout and am working up my endurance on the planks, push ups, etc. Overall I'm just glad that the first week is done - only 11 more weeks to go!
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    I will be starting Jan 4th. Need to finish 21 Day Fix Extreme first.

How are you liking the 21DF? I've been considering it for a while!
  • AmandaTucker127
    Options
    Veronica, your going to need that endurance once you hit Weeks 3/4 lol. I think I'm actually going to go ahead and restart before the 1st, it's been bothering me thinking of waiting that long! It's making me anxious.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Starting it December 28th. We don't go big for New Year's and I don't want to wait the extra week. I'm finally getting over my 3rd chest cold in as many months that has been wiping me out. I'm currently at the heaviest I have ever been and feel miserable.
  • 15Veronica
    Options
    Veronica, your going to need that endurance once you hit Weeks 3/4 lol. I think I'm actually going to go ahead and restart before the 1st, it's been bothering me thinking of waiting that long! It's making me anxious.

Lol! That's one of the reasons I like this program is that you work your way up to the more intense workouts. Start working out today!! I think the program itself starts on a Monday. I began on a Wednesday because I the motivation was there and I knew I needed to grab that while I had it :)
    edryer123 wrote: »
    Starting it December 28th. We don't go big for New Year's and I don't want to wait the extra week. I'm finally getting over my 3rd chest cold in as many months that has been wiping me out. I'm currently at the heaviest I have ever been and feel miserable.

Ugh, chest colds are no fun. We're all trying to get over this latest round of colds (which is on Round 2 for some of my family) so I know how you feel. Post here after your workout today and let us know how it went!!