Sports Bra (sorry boys!)

Options
Anyone got any suggestions for sports bras for large breasted women? I am a 38G and i'm having a lot of trouble with my workouts due to the sheer size and weight of my boobs!

Preferably i wouldn't like it to be TOO expensive, but obviously, if it has to be to get a good one, then that is fine! I live in the UK, so suggesting shops wouldn't help too much if you're in the USA, but websites/brand names are good.

cheers girls

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I really like the debenhams "gorgeous" sports bras. They go up to a G cup

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_150010207260_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtgorgeous+sports

and the Freya one

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_150010710403_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtfreya+sports

worth going into the shop if you can though because the sizing can come up differently. Im a 30FF in debenhams, but only a 30E/30F in freya
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Ok so this is funny. I am have to shop using a site from the UK to get reasonably priced bras. I use www.bravissimo.com. They have stores there too I think.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Go to RealSimple.com and look up their sports bras best picks. I am on the opposite end of your problem, but their recommendations have never led me wrong yet.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    have you tried www.lessbounce.com ?
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I found that wearing a tight nursing tank left over from BF my daughter and a regular sports bra (I have Champion from Target) works really well. I wear the sports bra under the tank and it's great support.
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I posted almost your exact question about a week ago! Here is the link to that post so that you can see the answers I got. I haven't bought one yet, so I cant give a personal recommendation yet!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/260657-large-chested-runners-joggers
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Granted, I'm not as well endowed as you, still I'm a 42E. I find that the only thing that really works is "post surgery compression bra". Just Google it & I'm sure you'll find lots of options. They are meant for women who have been "enhanced", however, for us natural girls it really keeps your "girls" from bouncing around in pain!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • naomi_clarke1987
    Options
    I found that wearing a tight nursing tank left over from BF my daughter and a regular sports bra (I have Champion from Target) works really well. I wear the sports bra under the tank and it's great support.

That is what i have been doing! i still have a few of my breastfeeding vests, and even the breastfeeding bras are good because they have a lot of support, the only trouble is, my boobs went up to a J when i was breastfeeding, so they are all too big now :-(
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    if you need to wear extra on top of your sports bra, id say it either wasnt a good sports bra, or its not the right size (not always the same as your normal bra size).
    You should have barely any bounce, and no cleavage at all in a properly fitting sports bra
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Title Nine carries excellent athletic clothing. The sports bras there go up to a DDD and the product description offers some clarity as to the type of activity it might be suited for.

http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-at-title-nine/shop-sports-bras-by-cup-size/d-cup-bras.do

Bear in mind that not all levels of activity require the same level of support. A yoga bra might look and feel a lot different than a running bra.

When I take my dog for a 2-mile walk after work, I often don't even change out of my "regular" bra. Weird or normal?
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i wear 2 bras. and it's the only thing that's ever worked for me. i had DD's that have shruk to a D with the weightloss. but i just wear a underwired sports bra underneath with a crop top type thing with no underwires on top.

I love it, it's just so secure, i can even skip and jump up and down without having 2 different rhythms going on.
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Anyone got any suggestions for sports bras for large breasted women? I am a 38G and i'm having a lot of trouble with my workouts due to the sheer size and weight of my boobs!

Preferably i wouldn't like it to be TOO expensive, but obviously, if it has to be to get a good one, then that is fine! I live in the UK, so suggesting shops wouldn't help too much if you're in the USA, but websites/brand names are good.

cheers girls

Enell and Moving Comfort are my favorite name brands to purchase online. It restricts the harsh bouncing and shifting when I do plyometrics. Seejanerun.com is one of the websites that I purchase from. There are also a few others. Can't think of the site names off hand. They may be a bit pricey but any good support bra for larger breasts will cost a little more; besides they last a long time and don't stretch out like the stuff they sell in regular stores.
  • suzycreamcheese
    Options
    enell have got a really good reputation for big boobs, but ive never tried
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have found myself wearing up to three sports bras plus a bra ...anything less hurts ...this is for jumping jacks other stuff I'm okay with like a bra sports bra and tight workoout shirt with a shirt over lol
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I bought this one and I LOVE it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1PKNY

Tried it on in a store and then went and bought for much cheaper online! Highly recommend it. I found that my size in a sports bra is a little bit smaller than my regular bra size, so that it fits tightly enough and holds me in.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I use shock absorber but the main advice I would give is go and get fitted.

I tried on the size I thought I was - I used the measuring guide - and the fitter dropped me 2 band sizes and up a cup size.

The difference is amazing. I am not as big as you but no more bounce or discomfort.
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Bravissimo. I'm a 34g, But my sports bras are a 36FF. So for for this reason I'd say if you have a bra shop like that near you, go in and get fitted. Every make of bra fits differently I find, so I'd strongly suggest going in to try them on. bravissimo aren't cheap, but they're not hugely expensive. Mine cost £25 each. Hope this helps.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Freya one is really good if you're on the bigger side- properly lifts and separates!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am only C cup but shock absorber "run" bra is my fave.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    have you tried www.lessbounce.com ?

I second this, lessbounce are great - I bought my Freya sports bra from there. They're really good as well on the phone so if you have any queries re sizing etc are very helpful.