Suprise food love

Options
Monkeymin
Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
On the Flip side to my "what do you not want in your home thread",

What healthy food could you not live without and came as a total shock that you enjoyed it?

I think mine is Asparagus, I just couldn't live without it now. It's very versatile too. I've learnt to make lots of meals with it,

Replies

• janelet
    janelet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chilli rice cakes? Great alternative if you fancy a bag of crisps . I love Asparagus too!

If you like a drink, try vodka and cranberry juice with a squeeze of lime
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to think brown rice was an abomination. Now there's a half-empty 20 lb bag in my cabinet.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    I found out yesterday that I love blueberries!! I always thought they didn't taste nice,but decided to try them.
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Oatcakes and peanut butter (only small amounts though) I feel like I've eaten proper food when I've had my peanut butter fix, oh, and it has to be crunchy lol x
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    Have you tried chilli rice cakes? Great alternative if you fancy a bag of crisps . I love Asparagus too!

If you like a drink, try vodka and cranberry juice with a squeeze of lime

ooo yeah i love Chilli rice cakes :)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I used to think that I didn't like carrots without ranch when raw, but now I realize they are quite sweet by themselves!
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    I used to think that I didn't like carrots without ranch when raw, but now I realize they are quite sweet by themselves!

I was like that, I thought I could only eat raw veggies with hummus or garlic and onion dip. Now I enjoy them on their own more often.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    edamame
    baba ganoush
    hummus
    whole wheat pasta