Need a little support....

Options
Yesterday was my 9th day of my healthy eating and I fell off....meaning I binged really badly. I am so mad at myself and so upset. I feel awful (as in sick) this morning. This is exactly where I gave up last time. NINE DAYS?? That is barely any time at all. I want to lose this weight....I really really do. I hate being this size. I want to be healthy. I hate looking this way. I hate the way people look at me. I hate constantly feeling judged.

Even with all of this being said I go back to my default and want to eat crap - I really don't even have that much crap in the house. Just snacks for my girls - and then I eat too much of healthy food. 1 oz of cheese ok...but not 5 - KWIM? It's just so frustrating and I don't want to be this way. I need self control which is something I have never had or obviously I wouldn't be this way :/

Any tips of advice would be really appreciaetd. I have my bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding hanging in plain sight. A pic of me when I was skinny on the fridge. But when I get in these moods and want the junk I just don't care.

Replies

• lupecarz
    lupecarz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Know exactly, how you feel. Don't look back, there's nothing you can do about yesterday! Put your energy on doing better today. Stick with it, you can certainly do it.
    One day at a time! I almost feel I am talking to myself. Don't get discourage, the future lies ahead!
    :smile:
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    You need to find something that cheers you up when these moods strike. I love to listen to Marc Bolan and "I love to boogie". Apart from the fact that I have absolutley no co-ordination when it comes to dancing, it cheers me up no end and dancing around my living room like a complete prat (I actually fell over the sofa once) really picks me up and I forget about what was in my head. There is always tomorrow, so don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on track as soon as possible. You'll be fine, we'll all look after you x
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Friend me so we can help eachother? I have been doing this since February, but have had 3 binges this week (I mean 2 of the days I ate 4 chocolate muffins at 294 calories each!) and yesterday I had a chocolate flapjack binge!

Maybe we can crack this together?!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

Good luck on your journey
  • jenniefromtherock
    jenniefromtherock Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just pick yourself up and start again, forget about yesterday! I do one day a week where I do eat what I want and don't worry about what it all adds up to! You can friend me, I also have a lot to lose!
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Do you fit in your favourite snacks in small portions? If you're not,try that. That should prevent you from feeling deprived and keep you on track.
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    You need to find something that cheers you up when these moods strike. I love to listen to Marc Bolan and "I love to boogie". Apart from the fact that I have absolutley no co-ordination when it comes to dancing, it cheers me up no end and dancing around my living room like a complete prat (I actually fell over the sofa once) really picks me up and I forget about what was in my head. There is always tomorrow, so don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on track as soon as possible. You'll be fine, we'll all look after you x

This made me smile! Definitely good to try and do something else to keep you busy and distract you from bingeing. And dancing around like a wally is always a good giggle (even better if you can get another wally to dance around with you!) x
  • bbolt5
    bbolt5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Everyone is right......yesterday was yesterday. Today is a new day and a fresh opportunity to get back on track. I find a simple self talk wont help and the pictures that I have around are useless when I'm craving something. Hmmmmm I'd say trying to get your mind off the craving is huge. I'm not sure what it would take for you to change your thoughts (I think I'd need a major calamity). Try getting yourself in a situation where eating would be the wrong thing to do. For me, that might be walking the dog or if I'm at work, be around management more. It's really hard to do. You are not alone. Hang in there! We are all behind you.
  • Layneyfox
    Layneyfox Posts: 3
    Options
    I have only just started using this site today but reading your post it could have been something I wrote myself. I know exactly how you feel. I too am desperate to lose weight, I want nothing more than to be slim again but in the past I have repeatedly cracked after a week or 2 of healthy eating and I will binge on rubbish to the point of feeling so ill-Ive seen myself eat giant bars of chocolate, an entire cake, mcdonalds meals, and loads of toast and butter in one sitting. Not because Im hungry - just because. And every time I wonder why the guilt I know I am going to feel afterwards doesnt stop me from doing it in the first place.
    Well done for the 9 days - that in itself is really great. Someone once gave me a wee piece of advice about weightloss and the journey of changing your eating habits for life and I am trying to think of it like this now "If you break a plate - you dont throw out the whole dinner set" I was doing exactly that with my weight loss - I would have one bad day and say to myself - oh well thats this week ruined so I might aswell eat junk for the rest of the week and start next week" Just take one day at a time and know that you are making a difference by even eating healthily for one day as its one less day youre eating junk. And if you have an off day - *kitten* happens, life happens but just draw a line under it and start the next day positive again.
    Thats the advice Im trying to give myself anyway, really hope it works!! Given that its day 1 for me, Im feeling very optimistic, by day 9 I may be long gone - hope not though lol!!!
    Good luck and well done, you are doing great, dont let one broken plate ruin your entire table setting! ;o)

LF x :happy:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Thank you for the encouraging words. Those asking what I eat...I have between 1200-1370 calories a day. And drink between 8-15 cups of water. Plus take a multi vitamin. I really do eat plenty. I eat breakfast at 8, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 3, dinner at 6, and snack at 8. I have portions down and the eating every few hours. It's just when I get the cravings I can't stop them...well I can, but I don't.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see this just like when I quit smoking....I quit like 10 times. Each time I got better and better at it. It will be a year in August. I never quit trying to quit, so don't give up. You'll figure it out.

I have finally figured out my weight loss program that I am happy with. Do I want to have a bite of my husbands pizza...yeah I do, but I have found things that are making it easier this time around. Everyone programs or wants are different and that is where you need to find out what is specific to your wants and needs during this time. I found that a Lo-carb almost completely vegetarian diet is working for me..never thought it would.

So..don't give up and don't be to hard on yourself. As if a lot of us haven't been there before...I know I have.
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see this just like when I quit smoking....I quit like 10 times. Each time I got better and better at it. It will be a year in August. I never quit trying to quit, so don't give up. You'll figure it out.

I have finally figured out my weight loss program that I am happy with. Do I want to have a bite of my husbands pizza...yeah I do, but I have found things that are making it easier this time around. Everyone programs or wants are different and that is where you need to find out what is specific to your wants and needs during this time. I found that a Lo-carb almost completely vegetarian diet is working for me..never thought it would.

So..don't give up and don't be to hard on yourself. As if a lot of us haven't been there before...I know I have.
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Just hate to see you struggle and just the fact you are on this site will help you. You understand what you are doing. I definitely think you need to plan ahead and find something that you can do while you feel like overeating. I use to hop on the elliptical or get on this site and look through the success stories. I also would pre log my food for the day and was determined (had to be stubborn about it) not to go over. Also, don't beat yourself up because it does take 21 days to break a habit!! Hugs!!