Gain 2-3 pounds in a couple of days?

I don't know whats going on here. I try to watch what I eat and go below my calorie in take. I also exercise a whole lot. I also drink a whole lot of water. Its said that a pound equals 3,500 calories.. And in 3 days I would gain 2-3 pounds. I don't know whats going on here.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    most people can and will have natural weight fluctuations of 3-5 Lbs day to day. water retention/release, more lest waste in your system, hormones, etc...these all play a role in natural weight fluctuations. body weight isn't static and weight loss isn't a linear function...weight management is about long term trend analysis.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    One pound of fat equals about 3500 calories.

One pound of water equals 0 calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited December 2015
    I gain 2-5 pounds by every evening..
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    That's a normal fluctuation.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I gain 2-5 pounds by every evening..

For the longest time I thought it was just me. My weight will move 3-5 pounds during the day on a daily basis. Long term I've gone from 220 to 189 (since July this year) taking my weight Saturday mornings after my daily obligations and prior to coffee. Same time each week.. Some weeks I lose a pound, some weeks I lose 2 or 3. Some weeks I gain a pound. Last Saturday, at my regular weigh in, I was 189. Later that afternoon, wearing the same thing, 194, at night before bed, 193. next morning 189. Once a week, same time.

• In before someone say it's muscle and before someone else reminds them it's not in a snarky way.
  • arditarose
    In before someone say it's muscle and before someone else reminds them it's not in a snarky way.

k. noted.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    In before someone say it's muscle and before someone else reminds them it's not in a snarky way.

cb017806ace9e294c2b775fcee7b85e5.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited December 2015

Sooo...you're getting a jump start on the snark?

Also, OP, there are a lot of things that can cause your weight to fluctuate day-to-day, so you really want to watch your overall trend, rather than becoming obsessed with the daily weight.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    I've eaten exactly the same number of calories (don't ask), approximating 200/day below maintenance, for the last week. I weigh every morning in the same state. My weights during that week have ranged from XX1.4 to XX4.0 pounds.

Normal fluctuation is normal.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    You are gaining muscle??
  • arditarose
    dhimaan wrote: »
    You are gaining muscle??

You can't gain muscle in a deficit. Um duh.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    edited December 2015
    I've gained 6-7 lbs well with my 54 lbs weight loss. My gain seems to be fleeting and seems to last 4-5 days.

46056954.png
  • In before someone say it's muscle and before someone else reminds them it's not in a snarky way.

Why ruin the fun for others. I like reading those comments :'(
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Green605 wrote: »
    . I don't know whats going on here.

Lack of education. Plenty of that on these forums. Look around.