Slice of pizza

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
hi

anyone know how much i should allot for a regular piece of pizza parlo pizza?

thanks, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    hi

anyone know how much i should allot for a regular piece of pizza parlo pizza?

thanks, kim
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    go to this site: http://www.dietbites.com/Calories-In-Pizza.html

Calories in Thin Crust Pizza
    Cheese Pizza, 230 calories per slice
    Pepperoni Pizza, 290 calories per slice
    Sausage Pizza, 280 calories per slice
    Meat-Piled High Pizza, 350 calories per slice
    Veggie Pizza, 215 calories per slice
    Spinach Alfredo Pizza, 240 calories per slice
  • jdonahue
    jdonahue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pizza is often my downfall, so I try to round up to about 250-300 cal per slice (for a medium/large veggie pizza). I'm sure it varies a lot from pizza to pizza and whether or not there is a lot of meat on there.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere that the canadian bacon and pineapple was one of the best choices for pizza if you are watching your weight.

Probably cause canadian bacon is fairly lean....

Not sure if it's true :smile:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I ran a pizza restaurant (now i'm into wedding planning/photography) and found that Chirizo and Pepperoni are the worst toppings you could eat. Cheese is always high in fat or calories. But you can get lite cheese. Olives are also very high in calories.

The healthiest (and the tastiest) pizza we had we a thin crust with pizza sauce, broccoli, feta, a drizzle of olive oil, onions, tomatoes, sprinkled with very lite cheese (3oz for a medium 12" pizza), and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Very tasty.
  • anaxgorous
    anaxgorous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For those in the Northeast the average slice of NY style pizza comes in at apx. 500 calories and about 15 - 20 grams of fat (and potentially much more). Please keep this in mind if this is the style of pizza that you consume.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9E05EFD9153BF937A2575AC0A962958260