green tea?

Options
2»

Replies

• foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    I drink all kinds of green tea! I love love love Yerba Mate as well.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    clh72569 wrote: »
    I have a question. Why can't you re-steep with tea bags?

Tea bags are made with the lowest quality tea and the leaves are crushed up into tiny pieces instead of left whole (or almost whole) like loose leaf tea is. Those tiny pieces release pretty much everything except the tannins with the first steeping.

If you use loose leaf and your own steeping bags, you can re-steep. this refers only to commercial tea bags.
  • threef
    threef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachal, thts really grt info. As I'm Indian chai tea is regular for me but with almond milk is a grt option. . Jasmin green tea too. You have pretty Indian taste.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    green tea has some good antioxidants and other nutrition, but it's not a magical fat burner or whatever many float out there.
    lionkingbg wrote: »
    Just to follow up... Could green tea decrease appetite?

I personally have not experienced this...I drink green tea fairly regularly and have a big appetite.

Hahaha I'm glad it's not just me!
    I have been drinking matcha tea as I don't tend to have as much green tea as recommended. Some matcha in the morning (sometimes with spirulina for the extra nutrients!) and a dash of milk goes a long way.

I love chai and also have it with a dash of milk whilst at work.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    I used to drink green tea then changed over to rooibos tea, a herb tea from South Africa, love its light sweet flavour and it's naturally caffeine-free with very low tannin. I buy the Redbush brand as they donate a percentage of sales to bushmen charity Kalahari Peoples Fund to give something back to local communities. I also boycott all Nestle products - www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree. Not suggesting anyone else should do this, of course, just saying it's what I do.