Type 2 Diabetic Women 50+

Options
I am new and would like to connect with other Christian women at various stages of weightloss who are Type 2 Diabetic. My goal is to decrease medicine I'm currently on as I lose weight. Just need encouragement! I want to reciprocate that support with those who respond.

Replies

• BethFerg
    BethFerg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. I was diagnosed with type 2 on Monday so I've spent the week trying to adjust to all this. Testing blood every morning, giving up the sugar in my coffee and soft drinks and a complete overhaul of my diet. Are you also newly diagnosed or new to My Fitness Pal?

I am a Christian with a group of women who are praying for me and encouraging me but none of them have diabetes so it's nice to connect with someone who knows what I'm feeling.
  • jkelley55
    jkelley55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good group for me, too! Christian, newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes and new to MFP. I'm a couple of weeks into it all and doing much better without my "sugar" fixes than I ever imagined, but I'm starting to fray a bit (yesterday was a too many carbs day and today's blood sugar was up). How can we support each other?
  • brensgoal
    brensgoal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Just diagnosed type 2 Christian woman looking for support and ideas. Returning MFP user. Great app. Even better with support. Gotta be successful this time. Battled weight all my life. Time for a life change!
  • SuzanneVarnes
    SuzanneVarnes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Christian married woman, diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for about 12 years. Recent health issues are making mobility/exercise difficult for now. Just started MFP today. Please feel free to add me.
    Suzanne, FL