Torn ACL. Needs help changing eating style.

Options
Hello!

My name is Leslie (24yrs) and I am on this app in hopes to change my eating habits inorder to lose weight, stay fit and healthy.

I've played a wide variety of sports my whole life and just love staying active. Just recently I got into rugby and I love it but I ended up tearing my ACL along with a small tear in my MCL and LCL. Now, I am unable to workout like I used to which means I need to change the way I eat because I am not burning off as much calories anymore.

I'm having a really hard time trying to stay motivated in changing my eating habits. I have gained some weight and it's stressing me out which then is bad because then it makes me eat bad food. It's hard to eat healthy because healthy food tends to be expensive and time consuming and I live on a tight budget and have little time to cook.

Also, before my injury I did a lot of cardio as my exercise. I never really worked on my upper body. I hate doing ab exercises and weights. That's where I need the most motivation because now I can't do cardio with my injured leg.

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me with either tips on changing my eating habit, exercises I can do, or tricks that will help me stay motivated!

Thanks!

I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Replies

• cds2330
    cds2330 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry about your injury. I just went through the same thing with a back injury and lost about 7 months of activities. before the injury I was very active, I did put on some weight after. No great advice for you, I did find tracking it here was helpful, I did lose what I had gained. I am well on my way now but it has been a very long road. Good luck to you, injuries suck, heal well.
  • M111111111
    M111111111 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a message. I tore my acl and meniscus about a year and a half ago. I too struggled with everything you're going thru.
  • kayberr89
    kayberr89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! I feel you, sister. I was boxing for a year and a half when I found out I had severe osteoarthritis in my hip. Since then, I've gained about 50 pounds and my body's been not too happy about it. Let's link up on here and hopefully help console each other over our lack of contact sports! I have sort of the same issues, in terms of having not so much money to eat healthy; it'd be nice to be in touch with someone who's having the similar issues as me!
  • Lekili91
    Lekili91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!! :)