Salads

Options
Hey guys,im new to MFP and i have a question.
When making a salad (i know everything contains calories) but do you all go to the extent of weighing lettuce too?
Thank you x

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I guess. 4 cups. I also do not weight fruits and veggies. I know eventually I have to kick this program to the curb, so guessing for me is a must.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The lettuce mix I use is 5 cups of lettuce in an entire bag. The entire bag is 30 calories. I will log either half the bag or the whole bag depending on how much I eat. I don't weigh it.
  • wallingf
    wallingf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Early on I never logged my veggies. I've lost 91 lbs....about 4 more to go. In the past few weeks I decided to really tighten up and log everything. My salad (4 cups of lettuce....plus other veggies and 1/2 Apple) totaled about 144 calories. That didn't include the protein I add on or the olive oil dressing.

I log it now....as well as the two veggies I eat with dinner. Makes a difference when you get to the end-probably not so much earlier on.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I weigh all my veggies, mainly because I have a goal to eat a certain amount daily. They also contain some macronutrients and fiber which I am tracking. They don't have a lot of cals, but they do make me feel more satisfied, which I value when eating on a deficit! So I weigh them, lettuce and all.
  • Calorie_Counting_K
    Calorie_Counting_K Posts: 48 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks all, appreciate the advice☺ Is there a certain amount of veges/salad i should have a day or can i weigh as much as like when im eating? Thank you x
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi. I weigh everything I consume. Calories add up.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    No, I guess that much. But I don't not log it.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Not really. Sometimes I'll measure them to make sure I'm getting at least a full serving, but being that lettuce is so low in calories, I don't really bother with weighing or anything.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I only weigh it because I don't want to put things in, then get my scale out and start weighing. It's never a full 85 grams, but I still log it as such.
    kajalpoit wrote: »
    Thanks all, appreciate the advice☺ Is there a certain amount of veges/salad i should have a day or can i weigh as much as like when im eating? Thank you x

There's no limit as long as you're within your calories, but make sure you're still getting your fat and protein in.