Im so dam stressseddd, i am a stressy stress monster and i stress eat constantly.

its terrrible and been my biggest issue becaue im very active otherwise. my two babies get me going and my husband and i are on the verge of a divorcce i think..not a good combo..how do i attack thisand stay away.. i know it shoud be easy..just stop putting things in my mouth lol but its not.. i need some help

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    You need to find outlets for your stress. Exercise can help many people, but you'll need to find what works for you. Could be art, music, exercise, yoga, meditation, or reading a book.
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    I worry a lot too. I eat when I worry. Therefore, I move a lot! Lol! Stay positive and stay active. If you're going to stress eat, buy healthier options only. :)
  • Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    You need to find outlets for your stress. Exercise can help many people, but you'll need to find what works for you. Could be art, music, exercise, yoga, meditation, or reading a book.

I love this. It's just hard to excersize with a toddler and newborn but they won't be this little forever.. Exercise is my favorite outlet
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

I love this. It's just hard to excersize with a toddler and newborn but they won't be this little forever.. Exercise is my favorite outlet

I have two kids and when they were little my workouts were my escape. I started out doing exercises from online in the evenings, then I found a gym with a daycare.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Oh God you poor thing.....Life has really thrown you a lot to deal with at once.

Firstly can you find a sitter, daycare or a gym that has facilities to look after the littlies while you go and burn off some of that tension in a workout that you enjoy??

Maybe you could enlist the support of family/friends to share sitting and get some you time doing whatever pleases you and takes you out of the house for a while....even getting out and putting the kids in a pram (one that can take your toddler may help....although I guess if you are in the North the weather will be against that.)

Regarding your marriage, I am sorry to hear this. Can you get the services of counselling?? Preferably for you both but even if your partner doesn't want to it would be beneficial to have the ear of someone independent. Phone services or Crisis lines may be helpful too if you are feeling the need?? What about Church?? (Sorry if this is personal but it may be somewhere you can reach out a hand and say you need some help....they may also be able to get you some alone time for de-stressing with a new hobby, course or gym time.....something just for you.)

The other place to that I would speak up is at your family Dr. You have a really little baby and a toddler and those alone are stressful.....Post-partum is a difficult enough time...

I hope things get better for you. Just do what you can food wise. Eat to nurture your body rather than fueling more stress.....perhaps re-preparing healthy veg. snacks and having fruit etc to go to rather than sugary, high fat (or whatever floats your boat) snacks that you automatically reach for.

I wish you all the best.

• Heather_vaughn
    Heather_vaughn Posts: 39 Member
    Oh God you poor thing.....Life has really thrown you a lot to deal with at once.

Firstly can you find a sitter, daycare or a gym that has facilities to look after the littlies while you go and burn off some of that tension in a workout that you enjoy??

Maybe you could enlist the support of family/friends to share sitting and get some you time doing whatever pleases you and takes you out of the house for a while....even getting out and putting the kids in a pram (one that can take your toddler may help....although I guess if you are in the North the weather will be against that.)

Regarding your marriage, I am sorry to hear this. Can you get the services of counselling?? Preferably for you both but even if your partner doesn't want to it would be beneficial to have the ear of someone independent. Phone services or Crisis lines may be helpful too if you are feeling the need?? What about Church?? (Sorry if this is personal but it may be somewhere you can reach out a hand and say you need some help....they may also be able to get you some alone time for de-stressing with a new hobby, course or gym time.....something just for you.)

The other place to that I would speak up is at your family Dr. You have a really little baby and a toddler and those alone are stressful.....Post-partum is a difficult enough time...

I hope things get better for you. Just do what you can food wise. Eat to nurture your body rather than fueling more stress.....perhaps re-preparing healthy veg. snacks and having fruit etc to go to rather than sugary, high fat (or whatever floats your boat) snacks that you automatically reach for.

I wish you all the best.

You are so sweet thank you for all you kindness
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    I do that too. I find chewing gum or herbal tea can make my "snacking" feeling dissipate. I also knit to music (faster paced the better) and it relieves similar stress to working out. I think the music/tactile/speed/focus on pattern combo clears my mind a bit, like working out. Other times, like tonight, I just want popcorn really badly & there's no stopping it. Good luck!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Take care of yourself for yourself and for your babies. Reduce what stress you can. Find techniques that help you handle the stress that is left.
    It is most important to prioritize sleep. When you get more sleep, things go better. (In other words, drop items from what you consider your list that you have to accomplish. Sleep, nap, whatever it takes to keep yourself well rested.