drink green tea lose weight?

Options
rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
Hi,

I have been drinking green tea and noticed suppresses my appetite. I drink 3cups a day.

Replies

• Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    I find that to be true, as well.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I heard there was medical evidence to back up that claim. But plain green tea tastes fishy to me. Yuck.
  • sdoogal
    sdoogal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What type of green tea do you buy and make at home? I would like to try it out to replace the soda I drink!
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Try the salada green tea. Taste like water with no calories
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Started to drink this today, not expecting weight loss from it, but have heard its a great antioxidant! CN't say I love the taste though lol
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Should help jumpstarts your metabolism.
  • ExerciseJunkie
    ExerciseJunkie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I notice I eat less when I drink it also. I'll have to incorporate some into my day. For those who don't like the taste, try steeping the teabag for a few minutes less & adding some Splenda (or other non-calorie) sweetener.
  • vsilchenko
    Options
    Proven to work, especially in conjunction with gym.
    Don't drink it after 7pm though :)
  • Stasha83
    Stasha83 Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't like the taste so I take Green Tea capsules instead, seems to do the same job
  • vsilchenko
    Options
    Yeah pure green tea sucks.
    There're pleny tea shops with AMAZING mixes though.
    My fav is the one with jasmine
  • rita27ny
    Options
    Ahhh no wonder when I drank the tea at 11pm I couldn't fall asleep at until 2am. It has caffeine in it
  • bigskinner
    bigskinner Posts: 42
    Options
    i have started to drink yasmine green tea, my mum gave me some to taste. it is pretty good if you dont like the taste of normal green tea. it is flavoured with flowers and does the same **** as green tea!!
  • Debbiecastor
    Options
    Soooo many types of teas out there!! I have found Lipton's green tea to be very tasty, but I alternate with a loose green tea too. :drinker:
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    4C makes a green tea with zero calories! :) Pretty good too. It comes in either the 2 quart packets or individual 16.9 fl oz Bottled Water packets. Delicious and guilt free :)
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I drink Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea and Crystal Light Green Teas. Both fill me up to where I have to remind myself to eat sometimes because I'm not hungry. I drink 32 oz. in the morning again in the afternoon. Fortunately I'm self employed so potty breaks aren't an issue :-) I drink a lot less diet coke now, too (maybe 1 can a day vs. the 4-5 a day I used to drink).
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea (really, all tea) for years! I love it. And yes, it's VERY good for you. All teas are. Here are some reported benefits:

- increases metabolic rate
    - boosts mental alertness
    - boosts immune system
    - can reduce the risks of suffering a stroke
    - improves circulation