anyone tried sauna suit while wrking out?

Options
rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
Hi,

I like to do cardio with my sauna suit I lose a 2lbs. After having a light meal and drinking water. I gain a lb back.

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    All a sauna suit does is cause you to sweat more!
  • ilsie99
    ilsie99 Posts: 259
    Options
    I don't really see the point, unless you're training for Badwater.
  • coltennis
    coltennis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That just looses water weight which you gain after a drink of water. Just go for the calorie burn and weight training.
  • jbudzins1
    jbudzins1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hmm... That sounds a lot like kayaking in a dry suit. Not sure if that is good for you or not...
  • sociable15
    sociable15 Posts: 98
    Options
    Because you're losing water and that's it. You drink water and it'll come back. If you're massively dehydrated, you'll actually retain water until you have enough to start flushing it out. Sauna suits are an absolutely terrible idea I wouldn't recommend anyone ever use unless they participate in a sport, like wrestling or combat sports, where you have to be a certain weight class. even then I tell people it's better to fight close or in your "natural" weight than one below so you have to cut drastically at the last minute. Dangerous, dangerous thing.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Be careful with those. It's really easy to get dehydrated.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I imagine that would smell disgusting.....

Are you drinking 2lbs of water after to replace all that you have sweat out///dehydrating yourself.
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in them, if all you do is lose water weight, what is the point if you just have to drink it back again. :s
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I wrkout 2hrs in it with sweats. And do weight training. I sweat like Crzy. I drink 4 glasses of water and eat a meal
  • MaryW1962
    MaryW1962 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've never tried a sauna suit but I tried these tight shorts from Avon. They were high on my waist down to my knees. Suppose to make you sweat and shrink that area of your body. I only wore them twice. They really make you sweat. I felt like I was pulling off an extra skin when I took them off. I could ring water out of my undies! I was gross! :tongue: It probably would have helped but I couldn't stand the feeling. :ohwell: