Muscle soreness, with same old routine?

Options
Hi all,

A really curious thing is happening recently (last few days), i'm experiencing muscle soreness, in my thighs, from my walks. I've been doing these walks for a few months now, so they're nothing new to my body.

Anyone shed any light on this? I've tried searching online, but just get info about muscle soreness when the exercise is new.

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Have you been sitting more lately? That can increase soreness for some people.
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You could be putting forth more effort as you grow stronger and that could be causing the new soreness.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Subtle increase in speed or stride increases the intensity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Have you increased your speed/stride length recently or have one particularly fast workout a few days ago thatyour boyd is still recovering from? Do you do any stretches or yoga that might help ease the soreness? I would recommend it if you don't already.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Have you been sitting more lately? That can increase soreness for some people.
    No more than usual. Each day resembles the last at the moment.
    DJMIKEY1 wrote: »
    You could be putting forth more effort as you grow stronger and that could be causing the new soreness.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Subtle increase in speed or stride increases the intensity.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
    It's possible. Though, my walks have the same speed and duration each time, as I use a treadmill. Not sure if this would change things.
    Have you increased your speed/stride length recently or have one particularly fast workout a few days ago thatyour boyd is still recovering from? Do you do any stretches or yoga that might help ease the soreness? I would recommend it if you don't already.
    I will start stretching! This is something I've neglected.

Thanks to each of you for the replies, much appreciated! :)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Have you started taking any new medication? If it isn’t a change in intensity of exercise, you may be reacting to something. Any other changes?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Did you change the elevation of your treadmill by mistake? I agree that that seems odd.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Have you started taking any new medication? If it isn’t a change in intensity of exercise, you may be reacting to something. Any other changes?
    Nah, no medications. No other changes that I can think of.
    fiddletime wrote: »
    Did you change the elevation of your treadmill by mistake? I agree that that seems odd.
    No chance of accidentally setting a different incline with this treadmill. You have to manually turn a chock-looking device at the back of the treadmill. It's an old machine.

Thank you both for your help on this! :)