Determined

mgrant
mgrant Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I'm brand new here, having joined a few minutes ago. I am determined to get fit and healthy this year. I am hoping to make some new friends along the way while achieving this goal. Weight loss has never ben easy for me and being my weight is at an all time high and being "older":ohwell: I have the double whammy going against me. I'm counting on this site to help the bumps in the road be a little smoother

Replies

• mgrant
    I'm brand new here, having joined a few minutes ago. I am determined to get fit and healthy this year. I am hoping to make some new friends along the way while achieving this goal. Weight loss has never ben easy for me and being my weight is at an all time high and being "older":ohwell: I have the double whammy going against me. I'm counting on this site to help the bumps in the road be a little smoother
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    :flowerforyou: Welcome. I know about being older and losing weight. I hit 50 and gained weight. Before that I ate just about what I wanted and stayed the same. Now, I'm exercising and watching what I eat; and it is still hard. Good luck, Pam
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi, an d welcome!
    You have come to the right place! No need to worry about your age either. I'm 51, and have always struggled with losing weight, but MFP made it almost easy to lose the weight that I wanted to!
    If you watch your numbers, log EVERYTHING you put into your mouth (and I always recommend logging foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after!) drink lots of water, and get in some exercise, you WILL lose the weight that you want to!
    Believe me, I have tried EVERYTHING out there to lose weight, including hypnosis, TWICE, and also have a thyroid condition. I just couldn't seem to lose much weight at all until I came here! I can't say enough good about MFP! IT REALLY, REALLY works!!! :smile:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Welcome and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Just wanted to say welcome! :smile:
  • mgrant
    Thank you all for the wonderful welcome. I'm already starting to get a warm feeling about being here.
This discussion has been closed.