• KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    or something valuable would fall off trying to get the miles in he does
    :) Thanks for the chuckle!

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Shlt, @MobyCarp ... you are way too modest... you sure as hell could give a @patrikc333 a run for his money... even if he COULD be your kid... :)

That way lies madness. Or, more likely, couch time. I'd rather keep running than injure myself trying to give a young guy a run for his money.

I'll admit that it was real ego boost to have a 35 year old tell me he'd looked at my back in the distance for 9 miles of the Rochester Half, and could never reel me in; but I know I can't compete with the top 35 year olds. I'm happy if I can finish ahead of everyone in my age group or older.
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do 3X a week. Other days are strength training days and a rest day. I've upped my mileage. Working on doing 6 miles 3X week. I do intervals, 10-12 min miles, sprint at 7.5 min miles.
    I think I'm the only one here but I LOVE the treadmill for my running. I can pace myself better and push myself more. It's harder to run outside for me. However I did shave 5 mins off my timing when I did my first 2-5Ks this fall. When weather permits I do both.
    GOOD LUCK
  • Matt71Fleming
    Matt71Fleming Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I run maybe 3 times week.Depending the weather there in Scotland.Been very wet and windy last 20 years.I run 6 - 9 miles each time.Average time for 6 miles is 49mins.Not bad for someone who couldn't run the length of himself in May.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Last year when I was doing more running I'd run about 5 times per week with average distance of around 6 miles but the runs would range anywhere from 3-13 miles. About 7-8 minutes/mile.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I peeked to 60-65 miles per week during marathon training.
    Everything outside (so no incline or speed treadmill workouts).
    Pace (easy is 8:30-9:30 min/mi; tempo or threshold is 7:00-7:45 min/mi; recovery 10:00+)
    Time: You are looking at about 60-90 minutes depending on workout during the week. Up to 3 hours on Saturday long runs. On occasion, I ran 3 hr 20 min on my peek long runs where I went 22 miles.

All this got me to a 3:37:59 marathon time 2 saturday's ago at RCM.

I am looking to get to 70 miles/week this next time around.

Impressive @patrikc333 @MobyCarp, you ain't no slouch too. Neither are you @MorningGhost14
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I run 3-4 x a week. Usually 2 x 6 mile outdoor runs (6mph) and 1x 40 min 1x 60 mins tredmill at 6.3mph.
    Both hard for different reasons, indoor is boring and faster, outdoor big hills and variable weather. I was doing a longer outdoor run at 10ish miles but dropped back whilst wet and cold.. yeah I know..
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    6 days a week, 3x5K, 2x10K, 1x10mile. It's about 30ish miles. 9:30/mile - 10:15/mile
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I run outdoors when the weather allows, indoors when it doesn't. I'm doing about 40 miles per week right now and my pace is about a 9:00 - 9:30 min mile depending on whether I'm outside or not (6.3 - 6.7 miles per hour, and it's easier to run faster outside for me than it is on the treadmill.) I usually do hour-long runs on two weekday mornings, a long run on Saturday (10-14 miles right now) and a short Sunday recovery run, with a couple short runs after my strength training sessions too.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    5 days a week, currently 46 miles per week with runs of varying lengths from 6 miles to the mid-teens; may do 20 miles next Saturday. Most miles will be at an easy pace, which for me is between 7:45 and 8:30 per mile.

No dreadmills, lots of outdoor running. Next week I'll start doing some speed work on an indoor track. If I hate it, I can always go back to running outside.

The weekly mileage will ramp up to near 70 miles per week during marathon training. Even then, I won't be running as many miles as @patrikc333; but I don't need to compete with a guy who's 5 age groups younger than me.

LOL, I'm actually looking forward to moving up an AG next year....

OP, my weekly mileage will vary with where I am in a training cycle (my longest races are HM and Olympic distance duathlons). Right now (low season) I probably don't do more than about 30 to 40km per week at the peek of a cycle closer to 80km per week (but I also spend a fair bit of time in the saddle on my bike.....)

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    4-6 miles, 4-5 times a week. I like to do intervals.
    First 20 min, run at 8mph for 2 min, walk at 4mph for 1 min. Next 20 min, 7mph for 2 min, 4mh 1 min, last 20 min, 6mph for 5 min, walk at 4mph for 1min.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I only run twice a week. 5K at 10 minute mile pace during the week and I ride my bike 40 miles at @ 17.5 mph then jump off it and run a 10K at a 12 minute mile pace

My target is not speed at this time in my training cycle. I do the ride and bike consecutively and keep my heart rate in Z2.

It is about running and cycling smoothly and efficiently at an endurance level heart rate.

• mom3over40
    mom3over40 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    How many miles per day or workout do you run?
    I used to run about 3 times a week and 3 miles each. But we have signed up for the half marathon, we are working up our mileage. Last week, I ran 15 miles.

Do you run with the incline?
    I don't run on a treadmill any more. I used to when I first started C25K and use incline 1. Now, I just run outside and my neighborhood has some elevation.

What's your time ? What's your speed?
    My best time for 5k is 26:04. If I don't pay special attention and just run 3 miles, I tend to finish under 30 mins. I am working on running more on conversational pace, which would be more like 10:30 to 11 min/mile.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    3 miles takes me 1 hour.
  • roxannerussell
    roxannerussell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    1-2 days a week outside, at 9 minutes per mile
    4-5 miles!
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Per workout I try to get a 10k warmup. On days I only run I will do nothing short of a half marathon.
    No incline when I run indoors but outside is fair game.
    Time depends on mileage. I tend to run between a 9-10 minute mile on longer runs (anything over 10k). 8-9 on shorter runs.
    You can determine speed by basic math.
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lmaharidge wrote: »
    Per workout I try to get a 10k warmup. On days I only run I will do nothing short of a half marathon.
    Time depends on mileage. I tend to run between a 9-10 minute mile on longer runs (anything over 10k). 8-9 on shorter runs.

So ten miles is a warm up?
    And half a Marathon is what??
  • erimethia_fekre
    Options
    lmaharidge wrote: »

So ten miles is a warm up?
    And half a Marathon is what??

10k is not 10 miles. It's roughly 6 miles. Half marathon is 13 miles.
  • erimethia_fekre
    Options
    3 miles takes me 1 hour.

So you walk?
  • ronfromfla
    ronfromfla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I run 2 short runs (never less than 5K), 1 medium run (5-10 miles), and one long run (10-25 miles) per week. The Walt Disney World Marathon is a little over 2 weeks away and I run that every year. I live in Florida so I run outside every single run. I cannot imagine anything more boring than running on a treadmill. I know some of you don't have any alternative, and it's awesome that you're still getting it done, but that has to suck something awful. lol