1,200 diet tips

Options
For people also loosing weight on a 1,200 cal diet, what're some of the things you eat in a day? Or what is it like in a day in your shoes of eating? Feel free to share, I need the tips!

Replies

• sonyaruns
    sonyaruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not at 1200, but I'm pretty close. I often have at meal of breakfast, a ham or turkey sandwich on whole wheat for lunch with an apple or orange and side salad, and sautéed chicken with two types of veg for supper. If I have calories available I'll also add in cheese at lunch and a starch at dinner. It's pretty basic but it fills me up and the routine tends to keep me from binging. Snacks might be a 100 calorie popcorn or an outline fruit bar.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    You can add me to look. My diary is open to friends. My breakfast stays close to the same everyday but, other stuff changes everyday.
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do egg white omelettes packed with mushrooms and fresh spinach which I love! And bowl of watermelon- that's breakfast Then lunch is fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwi) and a fresh salad of mushrooms, sweet corn, beetroot, onions and red kidney beans and chick peas- then dinner is usually mixed lentils, spoon of humous with thin slice of toast- snacks are usually handful of raw nuts, or a satsuma etc. Am sustained and full throughout the day. And always only 1200 a day. Works well for me though I don't need variety in my diet as love what I eat and could do the same pretty much all the time- do vary about once a week with grilled fish for evening meals but with lots of veg. Hope that helps.
  • Jillasmar
    Jillasmar Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Veggies!!! 1 fruit a day. Also get protein powder (unflavored with milk or flavored with water), I like whey about time unflavored you can get it online or Lean Body protein is amazing and have that as 1 of your meals a day with 2 reg food meals. No snacking, no late night eating after a certain time. Cardio exercise to balance out eating more than 1,200.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I usually have oatmeal which keeps me full for a while. Lunch is usually soup. Dinner I try to eat a vegetable and a protein (usually chicken). I don't typically want snacks, but when I do I usually eat a FiberOne bar/brownie/streusel. If I have left over calories at the end of the day I've been treating myself to a gingerbread cookie. It's really important to me that I don't drink calories or I tend to get really hungry.
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Im on 1200

Breakfast usually 2 boiled eggs or an egg white omlette with mushrooms and spinach or fat free plain yoghurt with apple and cinnamon (add sweetner if desired) I also have at least one cup of coffee with 2% milk

Lunch depends - I will either have lean protein and salad or veg or I will have a lean protein salad sandwich. (Eg 90g smoked chicken breast or 1 piece of microwave steamed fish and salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, celery) OR (2 slices bread, 1 slice ham/90g chicken, 1 tablespoon mustard and mayo with salad stuff)

Supper - usually 150g of any protein (steak, fish, chicken) and about a cup and a half of salad or veggies - I try not to have anything starchy here, although twice per week I will have a fist sized baked potato or sweet potato or even a roti (I think you guys call it a flour tortilla?) that I will stuff with salad goodies and my protein.

Snacks are fruit (apples or lychees) 40g cottage cheese and 3 provita, 3/4 cup of yoghurt, carrot and celery sticks, 5 almonds, (choose 2 of these, one at 10am and one at 3pm) and sometimes I treat myself to a cuppuccino

Try to drink a lot of water too

I don't eat after 7:30pm and I do a walk/jog interval on the treadmill for 20-30min 6 times per week. If I ever go over my calories I do cardio exercise to balance out eating more than 1,200.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    1200 meat/dairy free. Breakfast is usually overnight oats or porridge. Lunch usually a slice of wholemeal with peanut butter or yeast extract, some celery, apple, sweet pepper, dried apricots, prunes, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sweet biscuits (should cut those out!). Dinner varies - might be a quick meal of vegan frozen food with potato or quinoa and veggies, or home-made pasta dishes, veg/pulse casserole, curry, sweet and sour stir-fry, stuffed peppers, shepherds pie ... loads of options, then a sweet treat later like soya yoghurt or chocolate or home-made cake. I allow 250ml soya milk a day for tea/coffee.
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fruits veges lean meat it's been so hot in Melb last few days had to force myself to eat and was really hard getting to even the 1000 calorie intake but had to didn't want to starve the body. I find I eat so much more now than I ever have except it's low calorie real foods none of the processed stuff. Goodluck, u will eventually find it. My snacking in th day has stopped my binging at night
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1100 atm and it was a bit harder for me the first week, but now I find it very easy to maintain. I do have to say tho that I plan on going up to 1500 after I reach my goal.
    As far as my meals go...
    Breakfast - I usually eat poached egg with slice of integral bread and piece of fruit or yogurt, or oatmeal/integral cereal with some fruit.
    Lunch - most often chicken/turkey/fish with potatoes/brown rice/quinoa and a salad. If I eat pork or beef I usually just eat steamed veggies as sidedish. I do tend to use a lot of spices and even sauces so the meal is always different, even tho you use same products to prepare it.
    Dinner - similar to lunch, but I do eat different soups quite often for dinner.
    Snacks - fruits, sometimes few cookies or crackers, yogurt, smoothies...

One advice is be careful how much oil you use, as it can add to your calories unnecessary. And make sure that fat that you should be eating is healthy fat.

I honestly eat a lot of different food, and don't restrict my self to anything. If you are interested in some recepies feel free to pm me :) I enjoy finding ways to prepare food that tastes very rich but with few calories, and would love to share it.

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    1330 - open diary
    Yogurt, because I went to Costco and bought a 2 pack of greek yogurt and husband hates yogurt. Two weeks straight eating almost every day.
  • hokagenoob
    hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    GsKiki wrote: »
    I'm on 1100 atm and it was a bit harder for me the first week, but now I find it very easy to maintain. I do have to say tho that I plan on going up to 1500 after I reach my goal.
    As far as my meals go...
    Breakfast - I usually eat poached egg with slice of integral bread and piece of fruit or yogurt, or oatmeal/integral cereal with some fruit.
    Lunch - most often chicken/turkey/fish with potatoes/brown rice/quinoa and a salad. If I eat pork or beef I usually just eat steamed veggies as sidedish. I do tend to use a lot of spices and even sauces so the meal is always different, even tho you use same products to prepare it.
    Dinner - similar to lunch, but I do eat different soups quite often for dinner.
    Snacks - fruits, sometimes few cookies or crackers, yogurt, smoothies...

One advice is be careful how much oil you use, as it can add to your calories unnecessary. And make sure that fat that you should be eating is healthy fat.

I honestly eat a lot of different food, and don't restrict my self to anything. If you are interested in some recepies feel free to pm me :) I enjoy finding ways to prepare food that tastes very rich but with few calories, and would love to share it.

Thanks for the awesome advice!:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    MissT895 wrote: »
    Fruits veges lean meat it's been so hot in Melb last few days had to force myself to eat and was really hard getting to even the 1000 calorie intake but had to didn't want to starve the body. I find I eat so much more now than I ever have except it's low calorie real foods none of the processed stuff. Goodluck, u will eventually find it. My snacking in th day has stopped my binging at night

I wish it was hard for me! Hahah but that's true about the snacking part, it reduces my temptation to binge as well. Thanks for ur feedback!:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    1200 meat/dairy free. Breakfast is usually overnight oats or porridge. Lunch usually a slice of wholemeal with peanut butter or yeast extract, some celery, apple, sweet pepper, dried apricots, prunes, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sweet biscuits (should cut those out!). Dinner varies - might be a quick meal of vegan frozen food with potato or quinoa and veggies, or home-made pasta dishes, veg/pulse casserole, curry, sweet and sour stir-fry, stuffed peppers, shepherds pie ... loads of options, then a sweet treat later like soya yoghurt or chocolate or home-made cake. I allow 250ml soya milk a day for tea/coffee.

Thanks for the awesome advice!:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    Im on 1200

Breakfast usually 2 boiled eggs or an egg white omlette with mushrooms and spinach or fat free plain yoghurt with apple and cinnamon (add sweetner if desired) I also have at least one cup of coffee with 2% milk

Lunch depends - I will either have lean protein and salad or veg or I will have a lean protein salad sandwich. (Eg 90g smoked chicken breast or 1 piece of microwave steamed fish and salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, celery) OR (2 slices bread, 1 slice ham/90g chicken, 1 tablespoon mustard and mayo with salad stuff)

Supper - usually 150g of any protein (steak, fish, chicken) and about a cup and a half of salad or veggies - I try not to have anything starchy here, although twice per week I will have a fist sized baked potato or sweet potato or even a roti (I think you guys call it a flour tortilla?) that I will stuff with salad goodies and my protein.

Snacks are fruit (apples or lychees) 40g cottage cheese and 3 provita, 3/4 cup of yoghurt, carrot and celery sticks, 5 almonds, (choose 2 of these, one at 10am and one at 3pm) and sometimes I treat myself to a cuppuccino

Try to drink a lot of water too

I don't eat after 7:30pm and I do a walk/jog interval on the treadmill for 20-30min 6 times per week. If I ever go over my calories I do cardio exercise to balance out eating more than 1,200.

Wholesome food seems like it's the only way to eat more v.v hahaha but it's relish, ain't gonna lie! Thanks for the advice:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    Breakfast I usually have oatmeal which keeps me full for a while. Lunch is usually soup. Dinner I try to eat a vegetable and a protein (usually chicken). I don't typically want snacks, but when I do I usually eat a FiberOne bar/brownie/streusel. If I have left over calories at the end of the day I've been treating myself to a gingerbread cookie. It's really important to me that I don't drink calories or I tend to get really hungry.

I always drink water, never drink cals so I'm fine on that note! Thank you so much on your input:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    Jillasmar wrote: »
    Veggies!!! 1 fruit a day. Also get protein powder (unflavored with milk or flavored with water), I like whey about time unflavored you can get it online or Lean Body protein is amazing and have that as 1 of your meals a day with 2 reg food meals. No snacking, no late night eating after a certain time. Cardio exercise to balance out eating more than 1,200.

I actually have some whey protein but rarely use it, is that worth subbing in as a meal though? Thanks for the feedback:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    I do egg white omelettes packed with mushrooms and fresh spinach which I love! And bowl of watermelon- that's breakfast Then lunch is fresh fruit (pineapple, kiwi) and a fresh salad of mushrooms, sweet corn, beetroot, onions and red kidney beans and chick peas- then dinner is usually mixed lentils, spoon of humous with thin slice of toast- snacks are usually handful of raw nuts, or a satsuma etc. Am sustained and full throughout the day. And always only 1200 a day. Works well for me though I don't need variety in my diet as love what I eat and could do the same pretty much all the time- do vary about once a week with grilled fish for evening meals but with lots of veg. Hope that helps.

That all seems like a wise choice to go! Thanks for the awesome advice!:)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I divide my day into 3 meals of 400 cals each. I make whole food smoothies for breakfast, (yogurt, greens, seeds, nuts, berries, water) 200 cal lunch (varies) plus yogurt (plain ff) and a piece of fruit. For dinner I have lean protein (fish, beans, chicken) and lots of vegetables and the amount of healthy carb I can round out with. I roast huge pans of vegetables, pots of greens, crocks of beans. I make curry chicken with veggies. This week I'm working down a chili that is 187 cals per cup.