Looking for friends for a new year

Options
I'm 39
Starting weight: 233
Current weight: 252
Goal weight: 179

So, it's been a rough year after suffering from a fractured tibeal plateau (bottom portion of the knee) and I've gained a whole lot of weight back at the end of this year. My blood pressure has been high the past few months, so my doc is giving me four months to lose weight and get the bp down, or i'll have to go on meds. But I don't want this to become a habit, so I am making a vow to get back toward a healthier lifestyle!

For health I mostly ride bike and do aerobics. Eventually, I want to start back on weight training like I did a few years ago, but I'm waiting on that one, just getting some of this weight off is my first goal and I am hoping to see a lot of progress during the first quarter of the new year.

Anyone want to join me?

Here's to a new year and a new us!

Replies

• ThisisnotTinder
    ThisisnotTinder Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm kind of starting over again as well, having reached my goal weight of 125 in Oct 2014. Then life happened and I put on 10 lbs that I had lost.

Looking for accountability partners as well so feel free to add me :-)

Good luck to everyone!
  • kikilieb3
    kikilieb3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the add ^_^
  • DumplingRUs
    DumplingRUs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! Feel like I'm just gaining weight slowly over time, as I get order, metabolism slows down, job keeps me chained to a desk, etc. etc. So frustrating!!!
  • kikilieb3
    kikilieb3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too, I try to find time to exercise but between working full time at a sedentary job and coming home and having to get the chores done, I find it more and more hard to find time to exercise (like vigorous exercise, not cooking and dishes and laundry).

I'm right there with you Dumpling, it gets harder with age!