What food makes you weak at the knees?

Options

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    garlic mashed potatoes, mexican food from arizona, all the mexican food my best friends mexican mother makes (love mexican food preferably from arizona or colorado), fresh baguettes with real butter and salt
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    oh and all the cheese... especially melted cheese at the temp of lava.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is my favorite food. I eat some almost every day.

This or this is my favorite flavor of the year. I recently tried a Baskin Robbins pint for the first time, pralines and cream, and really liked it. I've got an unopened pint of gold medal ribbon I plan on trying tomorrow.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every meal I had when visiting Italy. Nom :)
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Homemade yellow cake with thick chocolate butter cream. Absolute favorite.

Savory it is fried chicken. I could eat fried chicken and cake every meal...
  • dalem1985
    dalem1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Cheese, ideally with a hot baguette (the crusty bread is the part that I miss the most being GF for 4 year now).
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Warm Chocolate Anything!! Eggs Benedict (Christmas Morning Breakfast), Warm Apple Pie.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I'm going there for three days on a 13 day trip next year. Aside from the obvious pizza and gelato, is there anything in particular youd recommend?

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I like some things that aren't so bad...coffee, grapefruit, medium rare steak, just right apples, good pickles and olives, salsa, tabbouleh & fatoush.

First love is salty stuff, so popcorn, potato chips and tortilla chips w/salsa and/or queso which I can totally eat as a meal and could eat every single day for the rest of my life.

Fave sweets are good quality chocolates and cookies...AFAIK skipping my Christmas box of See's this year, gotta be choosy about those cookies for one day too.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked, still warm bread. I could eat a whole loaf in one go.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

There it is!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Godiva chocolate pearls. They come in a little flip top tin that fits in my car's cupholder.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    garlic mashed potatoes, mexican food from arizona, all the mexican food my best friends mexican mother makes (love mexican food preferably from arizona or colorado), fresh baguettes with real butter and salt

I'm with you, lady. I'm all in for the carbs. With a little fat. This is what sent me in to ecstasies last week:
    DSC_8785-1.jpg

http://oblogdapantagruela.blogspot.ca/2010/06/pao-alentejano.html

Our local Wal-mart is offering a sourdough and I cut the first slice this morning. I buried that crust in my face and took a good whiff of the yeasty-crusty goodness.

The trick is to stop at one.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    my momma's food.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Brie.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    A Garbage Plate.
    For those of you un-initiated, a plate is a Western NY creation-you put your choice of two-macaroni salad, baked beans, home fries, or french fries, on a plate. Place two cheeseburgers or hot dogs on top. Cover that with hot sauce-which is a greasy, meaty, acid reflux inducing mess, and then mustard and chopped onions on top. Pair that with a roll to sop up the grease.
    It's heaven. I eat them rarely because they are SO bad for you. One is in my future next week :-)
  • blondie_mfp
    blondie_mfp Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I'm going there for three days on a 13 day trip next year. Aside from the obvious pizza and gelato, is there anything in particular youd recommend?

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll chime in :smile:

in rome, I really enjoyed their version of "fast food" or what I prefer to call street food: square, crispy pizza from the small shops where you tell them how much you want, and they cut some off a huge slab and charge you based on the weight; and suppli, which are similar to arancini, aka fried balls of awesome.

sicily is known for pistachio sauce, which sounds weird but was so tasty, creamy, and unique. the best dish I tried had thick spaghetti, pistachio sauce, crispy bacon bits, and some fresh grated cheese. yuummm.

if you're a wine drinker, I highly recommend drinking the house wine offered at any restaurant. you can buy it by the liter (or half, sometimes even quarter) for a fraction of the price, and I never had one I didn't enjoy. and I drank at practically every single meal over my two week trip. :blush:
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fried plantains
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

Big fan of Mexican food defo with you on this!