Christmas gift for my personal trainer?

Options
Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to ask my question so sorry for the randomness. I've been working with my trainer for almost a year now and he's fantastic! He's made it his number one priority to make sure I reach my goals and always go over and beyond what any trainer is required to do to help his clients. He calls me randomly to ask how everything is going and genuinely cares for his clients. We've gotten to know each other pretty well and he's like an older brother to me, kicking my butt every session! I want to give him a card along with a small christmas gift. I didn't think about getting him a gift until now! I'm so late on this! I'll see him for my session Wednesday so i have a few days to get him something. Any ideas on what I can get him? Any ideas would be super helpful!

Replies

• soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Does he have any hobbies? I would think that a nice thank you note and maybe a gift card would be suitable if you are at a loss for ideas.
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm giving my trainer a box of her favourite Quest Bars!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    These wouldn't arrive in time, but might give you some ideas: http://www.cafepress.com/+personal-trainer+gifts
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    I got mine a gift card to a sports store where he can buy whatever he wants: clothes, shoes, or whatever.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I got mine a gift certificate to the movie theater along with some candy and mini liquor bottles to sneak in! :) Mines more like a little brother that kicks my butt so I wanted something kinda fun. Can't go wrong with gift cards - easy to get and give at this late date! If you know him well take the clues from what you talk about to decide what would work. I obviously talk movies with my trainer a lot....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would get a card with a giftcard in it. Nothing over 20$.

It's my opinion that while you may feel close to this person and appreciate the trainer, the relationship you have is a professional NOT a personal one. It's important not to overstep those boundaries.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Gift card to whole foods store nearby.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    In the past we have done gift cards to Nike or Under Armour, and Trader Joe's.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    how about a piano?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    how about a piano?

Perfect.

On a serious note, cash money. PTs need expensive legal counsel. Help a brother out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Many of my clients give me small gifts. Ones I like the most are gift cards to restaurants.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Many of my clients give me small gifts. Ones I like the most are gift cards to restaurants.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I bet giftcards to the Outback would be really good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I bet giftcards to the Outback would be really good.
    Hell yeah!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    how about a piano?

don't be ridiculous. no one can afford to buy another person a piano
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My trainer loves to get cookies with the recipe attached, so I made him coconut cranberry keto cookies. He ate 4 of them and said, "I entirely approve of you eating these cookies, but you're gonna have to bake more. These are mine."
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like getting cookies... people that get me cookies ahs a much higher client retention rate XD.. kidding but cookies are the way forward!!

That or... vouchers!!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Unless you've noticed they have a thing for a particular brand or object (like if they only ever wear X pants - and even then, so personal :/) there's no way to know what they'll like or won't. You name it, there's room for error. Even things like water/smoothie bottles. Will they like that kind of lid? Do they prefer a narrow or wide bottle? What kind of spout? Will it fit in the bottle holder in their car? Do they want to attach it to their backpack, and if so, is it secure when it's shaken around? Who the hell knows.

The only safe gifts are gift cards. Or a piano.

That said, I gave my physiotherapist a nice bottle of wine last year, but only because it's been talked about more than once.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I've tipped my trainers in the past and I give the 'friendly' front desk staff cash, I figure it's something they can definitely find a use for.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I've tipped my trainers in the past and I give the 'friendly' front desk staff cash, I figure it's something they can definitely find a use for.

Aw I wish I could afford to do this! When I'm a real adult.

I like the gift card to a sports store or GNC/Vita Shoppe. Wish my clients would get me that! I always get Starbucks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Last year I gave flavored olive oil & vinegar combo set. This year he's coming back from a serious injury so I'm giving him an inspirational book about QB Drew Brees and his comeback. Gift cards are a nice idea but I would be concerned if they might feel offended if the amount was too low.