• pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Everything?! :'(
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Pretty much every meal I had when visiting Italy. Nom :)
    I'm going there for three days on a 13 day trip next year. Aside from the obvious pizza and gelato, is there anything in particular youd recommend?

@spacequiztime The seafood, the meat, the pasta, risotto, cheese... pretty much everything! :p I love pasta so I would have a different pasta everyday, sometimes for lunch and dinner. Pizza some days (I like mine very simple, margarita especially with bufala mozzarella, yum!). Depending on the time of year you are going, fried zucchini flowers are amazing (I believe they are in season end of summer) and oh the wine! We went on wine tours which were fantastic. Oh and obviously depends on the region(s) you are going to.. in the North you will find more polenta and stews, in the South more seafood dishes. :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Rice krispy treats will send me into fits of cravings at just the smell. I don't dare eat a single bite or I'll binge.

For savory, it's cheese and bacon. Great separate, but put them together and I'm in heaven.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Nutella.
    +1
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    For me personally? Today it was five guys burgers. Damn they make a good burger!
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pretty much anything where bacon and cheese get togethor for a party. Like Mcdonalds - Double Quarter Pounder. Havent had one in the last 6 months.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    Gyros and Philly cheesesteaks.

10382200.png
  • nnekay
    nnekay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oxtail with rice and peas...oh some fried plantains too. A nice piece of cheesecake to go with that.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Anything Cinnamon based.

Cinnamon oatmeal, Cinnamon rolls, Cinnamon cookies, Cinnamon cake - I literally want to devour it!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Anything Cinnamon based.

Cinnamon oatmeal, Cinnamon rolls, Cinnamon cookies, Cinnamon cake - I literally want to devour it!
    I completely forgot how much I love cinnamon, thanks :D
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    About that Ben and Jerry's ice cream....I read something years and years ago about "visualizing" what we're eating in terms of something else that's not appetizing. One of the things it said was to picture eating that pint of premium ice cream as the same thing as drinking a juice glass of cooking oil. :o It was the fat that was equal. Now obviously that depends on the kind of ice cream, and the size of the "juice glass", etc. But the idea of drinking any glass of cooking oil is pretty sickening and I always think of that when I'm eating the premium ice cream. lol

But that said... ice cream is not my "weak in the knees" food. I can buy a pint and eat a small bowl of it and then leave the rest of the pint for weeks.

However....let's talk about salty crunchy potato chips. omg. <3
  • alizesmom
    alizesmom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Freshly baked, still warm bread. I could eat a whole loaf in one go.

My idea of heaven.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Any sweet baked goods because I love to bake and especially those Asian breads/pastries
  • laurabolt500
    laurabolt500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    French fries! :s
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    French fries! :s

With bbq sauce yummy :)
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Vegetables drizzled with a little bit of olive oil with fish and a few shavings of Parmesan (especially from this one local Italian place).

Strawberries/raspberries/blueberries sweetened with Splenda until a little sugary crust forms (especially if the fruits are on the harder side). There was this one place I went to in DC that had this amazing fruit dessert -I think it was mixed berries drizzled in honey, fresh mint, and garnished with a dollop of cream. <3

More recently, good wine and well-pulled espresso with some super dark chocolate

...I just realized I am turning into a food snob and am starting to crave vegetables. A few years ago, I would have said "chocolate lava cake", but those things give me the worst headaches now (typically because they send my blood sugar into the 250s even with careful carb counting).
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    peanut butter cups.

my soon to be ex gave me a stocking for xmas filled with the mini ones.

i *think* his intentions were good LOL but I took a handful (maybe 2) and gave the rest to the neighbors kid (my kids dont need it either, and they got their own candy for xmas LOL)

it is literally the one food i cant have in the house because i have ZERO self control with them. lolol
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    But that said... ice cream is not my "weak in the knees" food. I can buy a pint and eat a small bowl of it and then leave the rest of the pint for weeks.

However....let's talk about salty crunchy potato chips. omg. <3

Amen. Pints of ice cream are known to turn into vaguely identifiable icy objects in my freezer.

Potato chips? Blink and you'll miss them.

There are some in the house right now, but I'm ignoring them along with a lot of holiday junk...pecan pie, crackers, cookies, chocolate...lalalala...I don't see it.