Ate badly

Options
I ate badly for two days. The scale says I've gained 4 lbs. Is it water weight? If yes how do I get rid of it asap

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    yes it is water weight and nothing is going to make it go away ASAP. Just drink more water to help flush out your system, go back to regular eating, and it should go way within a week ….
  • olethas
    olethas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Drink at least a gallon of water, excercise at least two hours, and drink a diet tea with lemon, and drink lemon, cucumber, mint leaves water (let it sit for at least six hours). This should help you detox.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It happens. Get back to your plan and the scale will right itself in two or three or four days.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    olethas wrote: »
    Drink at least a gallon of water, excercise at least two hours, and drink a diet tea with lemon, and drink lemon, cucumber, mint leaves water (let it sit for at least six hours). This should help you detox.

I am sorry but that is 100% unnecessary. Your body detoxes itself and you don't need to cleanse it. Also, over eating is not "toxic" for your body.

I may agree with the water part as a way to flush out excess sodium, but a gallon sounds like overkill...
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

lol, which toxins will she be detoxing??d
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Its water weight, give it a few days and it'll be gone..gone... gone :smile:

I'm up 4lbs from my weekend of excess, by Friday it'll be gone, it always is. The mixture of extra sodium and more carbs makes my weight fluctuate but its just water weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

This is funny. You have a great sense of humor.

OP, just go back to your normally scheduled program. It will go away in time.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's water :]
    Log it and move on. These things happen to all of us - it's okay.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you're here to lose weight long term and aren't looking for a quick fix, don't pay attention to small changes over short periods of time. We women fight with weight loss and weight gain daily, weekly and monthly but if you weigh yourself periodically and see a downward trend of loss, then you're making progress. Don't pay too much attention to small fluctuations because water (and lots of other factors) can have a huge impact on weight.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    By eating badly, do you mean going over your calorie goal? How much? One pound of fat tissue is about 3500 calories. Any weight that can not be attributed to excess calories, has to be water weight, doesn't it. Why do you need to get rid of it quickly if it's just water weight. It comes and goes, just like the tide, doesn't affect anything besides the reading on the scale. Relax.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Remember even 2 bad days of eating can be made up for by a week of good eating. Don't feel too bad do a little extra cardio can get back to healthy eating.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Ignore all of this, except maying drinking a bit more water.
    Move on. And work toward a healthy relationship with food, not drinking laxatives and doing woo.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Think about it. 1Lbs of fat is 3500 calories. You have to eat 500 calories a day over maintenance for a week to put on 1LBS. Unless you ate massively over your TDEE for two days its unlikely that you gained much actual fat (despite what the scale is saying). It's all just water weight. It will regulate itself over the next few days if you get back on track. Don't panic.