Daily Fat Intake

Options
Hi Everyone,
I am about 2 weeks in to my new healthy eating lifestyle, have already lost close to 8 pounds, but noticed that I am consistently under (way under!) on my daily goal for fat intake. Anyone have any suggestions for upping the "good" fat in my diet without totally sabotaging my continued weight loss? I just want to make sure I am keeping a good balance.

Love this site by the way - I finally feel like I can do this!

Geoff

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    With healthy fats (olive, canola, safflower, sunflower, peanut, etc. oils) a little goes a long way. They are all high in calories but just adding a little to foods can help you feel full longer. Try drizzling a few drops of olive oil over steamed veggies, or making a vinegrette with a healthy oil for salads or wraps.
  • geoff7218
    geoff7218 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks so much - I do eat salads just about every day either as a side or as main meal with some protein, and have been using the low/zero fat dressings. Never thought of making my own dressing - Great idea!
  • eslater1
    eslater1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 Calorie packs of almonds and I snack on one of those at work. Nuts are great for the problem you're having!
  • geoff7218
    geoff7218 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's a perfect alternative also - Thanks!:smile: