Leaving cookies for Santa?

Options
Generally speaking, do you feel less or more likely to leave or not to leave cookies out for Santa on Xmas Eve while counting calories this holiday season? Does your calorie counting, macro adherence or preference for food influence your decision to leave cookies for Santa?

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    If I had kids and left cookies, I don't think my diet would influence leaving cookies out. Worst comes to Worst and you just throw them out when the kids go to bed.

I don't think the way you eat should change your life that much that you'd skip leaving cookies out...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My son said he's leaving beef jerky and beer for Santa this year...

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Santa will still get one cookie.

The cookies that Santa leaves at our house have to disappear entirely (generally they are run down the disposal TBH because neither of us have felt like eating them in years past.) Our daughter notices details and I am certain that she would recognize cookies returned to the tin as the ones she set out for him and would ask why he put them back. I can imagine it now "I recognize the angle of the sprinkle on that cookie. What gives?"

Our dogs will get to eat the carrots left out for the reindeer.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My son said he's leaving beef jerky and beer for Santa this year...

Looks like you will have a very merry Christmas Eve indeed..LOL
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    For my kids, a single bite out of a cookie is sufficient evidence that Santa visited...and I would not likely bother to log one bite.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    No effect. This would be one of those instances where I would say your 'diet' needs to be viewed as and treated as a long-term lifestyle; not a strict, all or nothing, short-term thing.

(though I...er I mean Santa...really likes the idea of leaving him a beer instead of cookies!)
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Last year my kids left store bought fruitcake out. Needless to say it went in the trash.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a mince pie and carrot
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @juggernaut1974 I think a nice stout beer would satisfy Santa with his cookies.

@Dreysander Are you saying Santa skipped your house because of bad fruit cake?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    @juggernaut1974 I think a nice stout beer would satisfy Santa with his cookies.

@Dreysander Are you saying Santa skipped your house because of bad fruit cake?

Good point...no need for one or the other

Insert relevant #WhyNotBoth gif here
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's tradition and I refuse to break it.

My eldest is set on cookies and Hot Chocolate because she doesn't want Santa to be cold.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Even though in our house, it is known that mom and dad are Santa, my kids will still be sprinkling reindeer food on the lawn (oatmeal and colored sugar) and leaving out cookies for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph :) I probably will eat them and leave crumbs, per usual. It's just a part of their childhood they want to keep.
  • RnS2015
    RnS2015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've always left cookies and milk for santa but I've never ate them. I would just break some of it off and throw the rest in the trash (hiding the evidence of course!).
    I'm not much on the beer and cookies idea but a nice glass of wine would suffice for sure! :D
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    It's tradition and I refuse to break it.

My eldest is set on cookies and Hot Chocolate because she doesn't want Santa to be cold.

Remember the carrot shavings on the deck or step. Reindeer eat quite a bit during the trip ;)

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My daughter today told me that they (the 3 of them) wanted to leave out one of each kind of goodie we made for Santa. I thought to myself "Not the pecan snow balls, those are Mommy's favorite, Santa doesn't need one." Took a couple minutes to realize.....

I definitely have my favorite holiday snacks planned into my eating over the next couple weeks, cookies included. If for some reason I didn't feel like eating them I would either save them for a day or two and give them to the kids or toss them, its only a couple cookies.

I've learned that being that hard on myself around good food and the holidays leads to binging and feeling like crap.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone is. Yeah, Santa may be a little on the hefty side. And maybe he could stand to lose a pound or two. But who are you to judge someone else's journey. Maybe he's happy with his body. And maybe you could be a little more supportive of someone who has done nothing but bring cheer to billions.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    sjohnny wrote: »
    Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean everyone is. Yeah, Santa may be a little on the hefty side. And maybe he could stand to lose a pound or two. But who are you to judge someone else's journey. Maybe he's happy with his body. And maybe you could be a little more supportive of someone who has done nothing but bring cheer to billions.

Santa deserves a cookie or two... or billion. Think of all the toys he has to lug around. That's some heavy lifting bro.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Santa can't have my cookies.
    Milk and cookies are the thing in the states. It is odd that the reindeer don't traditionally get anything.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Santa can't have my cookies.
    Milk and cookies are the thing in the states. It is odd that the reindeer don't traditionally get anything.

We sometimes leave carrots for the reindeer.

And Santa gets cookies at our house, because a cookie or two on Christmas eve is a drop in the bucket compared to what Santa will eat and drink the next day.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, do you feel less or more likely to leave or not to leave cookies out for Santa on Xmas Eve while counting calories this holiday season? Does your calorie counting, macro adherence or preference for food influence your decision to leave cookies for Santa?

Why would it?