Leaving cookies for Santa?

Options

Replies

• mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @LoraF83 Because we all have opinions and inquiring minds would like to know those opinions.
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mince pie, brandy and a carrot for Rudolph . My children are too old to believe, but still left everything out last year, and Santa and Rudolph will be looking forward to the same this year. Christmas is magical, and even my cynical and grumpy teenage son will want to keep the tradition on Christmas Eve.
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My daughter will leave cookies for santa and my husband and I will eat them. I will log them and it will be fine. It's a special day and they fit in my macros so why not?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    My Santa asked for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest bars.
  • Dreysander
    Dreysander Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    @juggernaut1974 I think a nice stout beer would satisfy Santa with his cookies.

@Dreysander Are you saying Santa skipped your house because of bad fruit cake?

Hah no he "ate" it. Left some crumbs on the plate.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My kids always left bourbon and crème brûlée pudding, because Santa can get tired of cookies.
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Santa is not real
    Calories from his cookies
    Are not real either

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Santa is not real
    Calories from his cookies
    Are not real either

So you're saying they're imaginary calories? I'd have them with some milk, but it sounds complex.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Actually I think Santa prefers a bottle of wine and cheese.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    If my kids left cookies, one of our cats would eat them. My kids are too old to believe and couldn't care less, so i just eat all the cookies i want when i want, lolololololol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,645 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me wish I hadn't grown up jewish. I'm pretty sure we never left out potato latkes for Hannukah Harry. :(

Also, it made me hungry. :)
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If my boys were still little then yes i would leave a mince pie and a glass of baileys for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No Santa at our house. We do have a tradition of baking/decorating cookies Christmas eve though. I will eat some cookies this week.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I find it comical that we teach kids not to talk/take candy from strangers, but if a big jolly guy breaks into your house via chimney, you should expect gifts and leave him food.

(Not actually serious but it is kind of comical to me).
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    @elphie754 Also a creepy elf watches our children for about 2 months and then he goes away.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    @elphie754 Also a creepy elf watches our children for about 2 months and then he goes away.

I have like 6 of those damn things. Man, I was a good kid for those days.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    @kkenseth lol We do an angry Santa in our house. He rules. He is dirty, mean and unapologetic if you are out of line.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    @kkenseth lol We do an angry Santa in our house. He rules. He is dirty, mean and unapologetic if you are out of line.

Sounds like a fetish.
  • mattyc772014
    Options
    lol
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    If Santa is on a diet, its his responsibility to decline the cookies. Similarly, just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean that I'm going to withhold cookies from Santa. Guy needs his simple carbs to get through the night!