• LasVegasOrange
    LasVegasOrange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me, I do. I have the Charge.
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have the flex
    Was obsessed over it for the first few weeks. But then i realised it's doing what i already was doing with MyFitnessPal along with MapMyWalk.

Unfortunately I came to think about it as a fancy expensive pedometer. But to be fair it has a great app. That keeps you motivated
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. I like that it gives me a more accurate TDEE than generic on-line formulas.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR. I like it so far, but I think it's not very accurate, for me anyway. I have it on my non dominant hand, but set to dominate. I have my stride legnth set. But I still think it over estimates my daily calorie burn. I'm 5'1 and 117lbs. It says I burn from 2150 to 2800 calories per day.

I take from 15,000 to 27,000 steps per day. Do a little cardio (dont log) and weight lifting (which I log so it doesn't give me too many caloire when my heart rate is elevated). I have an active job and I'm a mom to a 16 month old little boy.

Still at my size and age (34) no way I burn that much. Plus I have PCOS and hypothyroidism which both lower my metabolism.

So I just deduct about 300 calores per day. I just don't eat all my allotted calories and save a 300ish buffer. I weigh and log everything so I know my intake is pretty accurate.

I've lost about 10lbs in 10 weeks. So I think my adjustment for my low metabolism is spot on.

I still like it to use as a gauge as to how much I should eat for my activity level each day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR! It's a lifesaver for me and my weight!
    Having said that, it can be very easy to get caught up in those daily burns - but I definitely recommend for keeping on track.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Charge HR, had a Zip for about 2.5 years. Great motivators, really like them.
  • songbird13291
    songbird13291 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR. It seems to be accurate, at least to the point where I'm burning more calories than I'm consuming.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My other half got me a Fitbit Charge HR for Xmas but gave it to me early after I said I wanted to kick off my diet and exercise goals early.

So far I'm loving it. It's really helping keep me a track of activity. I also track my water through it, but my food through MFP. I've also had no trouble linking my Withings scale to Fitbit, which seems to pass the weigh in data over to MFP. It's all quite stream lined. If I can understand it I expect most others could.

Anyhoo, definitely enjoying having it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    me :smiley: have the Fitbit One and love it as it clips inside my bra which is discreet....
    have it 2 years, best ever purchase :smiley: and its pretty accurate for my TDEE :smile:
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Someone just gave me one of the super basic ones. I'm still learning the ropes. Is there really no way to adjust your BMI to be accurate? The estimation it gave me is under by 5% and I'm not happy about that. I'd really rather use accurate data!

Here's me! Add me if you're interested!

www.fitbit.com/user/3XJF7F

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    JAllen32 wrote: »
    Someone just gave me one of the super basic ones. I'm still learning the ropes. Is there really no way to adjust your BMI to be accurate? The estimation it gave me is under by 5% and I'm not happy about that. I'd really rather use accurate data!

Here's me! Add me if you're interested!

Your BMI ? or BMR ? What you comparing it with...
  • sarahredhaira
    sarahredhaira Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Had the Charge HR since October. Really keeps me motivated. I do lots of challenges, and these can make me feel quite competitive!!
  • dyanmb
    dyanmb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got the Charge about a month ago. Love it so far. I've been doing the workweek challenges with a few friends and that is great motivation to move, take the stairs instead of the elevator, park a little farther away, etc. Also love the sleep tracker. Very insightful information.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have the zip, but it died on me yesterday. Now my calories are all screwed today, because it's not counting my steps. I'm waiting 5-7 business days, well really 5-8 because of Xmas, and am going nuts thinking about how my calories won't be accurate :'( Should I unclick negative adjustments?
    Ugh. Life OVER. This is a replacement for my replacement in July :'( They are awesome at sending new ones though
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I have the zip, but it died on me yesterday. Now my calories are all screwed today, because it's not counting my steps. I'm waiting 5-7 business days, well really 5-8 because of Xmas, and am going nuts thinking about how my calories won't be accurate :'( Should I unclick negative adjustments?
    Ugh. Life OVER. This is a replacement for my replacement in July :'( They are awesome at sending new ones though

I would just disconnect them for now until you get the new one. Follow the MPF plan as is. You should have pretty good idea of how the two were working together.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I think I might just brave Best Buy tonight and get some new batteries until my new one comes... But this Fitbit killed the battery, I just put it in yesterday morning. I have a horrible obsession.
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I think I might just brave Best Buy tonight and get some new batteries until my new one comes... But this Fitbit killed the battery, I just put it in yesterday morning. I have a horrible obsession.

I switched to the One when my Zip started doing that with batteries. Love the One's rechargeable battery so much more!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have charge HR!
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I received a Charge HR from my parents (early Christmas present!). I'm loving the first 2 days so far, its been fun to explore the website & app. And the data...I love all the data!!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I received a Charge HR from my parents (early Christmas present!). I'm loving the first 2 days so far, its been fun to explore the website & app. And the data...I love all the data!!

Is the website any diff than the app?? Haven't gone on site yet.