Sodium and water retention

Options
Ok so I just recently started tracking my sodium intake and WOW!!! I was under my sodium most days but a few day, such a yesterday, I was waayyyyy over...like thousands over!!:sad: Needless to say I gained 4 pounds! Which I am sure is water weight from all that sodium!

My question is how long does the sodium bloat last??
Is there anything to help it out?

Thankfully I am now aware to watch my sodium!

Replies

• AlexandraLove
    Options
    Just dealt with this. I had a lot of sodium on Sunday. Monday I was up 2.5 lbs. Today I've lost most of that. Just keep drinking water.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The answer to water is water, the answer to sodium is potassium.

You can take diuretics to help flush it out, but thats assuming you have only a couple of days before you compete in your bikini competition.....

Assuming you have time, plenty of water, will fix the problem.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Water. Water. Water.

Now that it's camping season, I'm dealing with this every weekend. Last weekend, it took me until Thursday to get rid of it. But there may have actually been a little bit of fat gain as well. This past weekend, I should be back to where I was tomorrow.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I ahve exactly the same problem and have had it since last Thursday. I even feel like my whole body is bloated with water. I only started checking mine too last week and one bowl of canned soup took me 1050 OVER my daily sodium allowance. I love that soup but not anymore...

Really thinking about taking water tablet to see if that helps as I am drinking sooo much water and still cant get rid of it..