Looking for some like-minded friends for support

Options
Greetings and happy holidays!

I am a 29 year old female who has been overweight since I was 13. At my heaviest, I was 281lbs, but normally hovered around 245. A year ago, I managed to drop 35lbs, but since then, I've gained 5 lbs back and am stuck. I hover between 210 and 215 now, and it is getting quite frustrating.

To put everything out there, depression has not helped, nor has poor body image and binge eating. I do not have any local support groups that aren't religiously based (Not that that's a bad thing, it's just not for me.), and my friends are not on the same path as me with health.

I want to get back on track with logging daily and exercising 3-5 times a week. I really need a hand when it comes to binging on unhealthy foods and saying no when food is offered to me. I always feel way better when I am eating right and excercising, but when it is a major source of comfort, it is hard to stay on track.

So, my current weight is 215, my goal weight is 150. This is a loose goal, of course, I would never say I have to get there, or stop there, but it is a place to start. My short term goal is 199, which I have not been since 15 years old. In diet, I try to stick to less than 1500 calories/day, but I typically do not deny myself foods unless they are heavily loaded in calories, carbs, sugars, or over-processed.

I'm looking for folks who have maybe struggled with the same issues with food, and how you cope. I'm not into fad diets or exercise, I'm sticking with what's tried and true.

For fun stuff, I love critters of all kinds, cooking, entertaining, mountain biking, camping, hiking, yoga, and gaming! :) It is lovely to meet you!

Replies

• kayberr89
    kayberr89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You sound like my kinda gal! (I worked at an animal shelter for years and am a super big geek into gaming) I definitely feel you about the depression making things much worse. I've struggle with depression and anxiety my whole life, and have only really gotten it under control the past few years (the meds are what made me gain my 50 lbs I'm trying to shed) You should get in touch with me so we can help each other stay on track! I'm happy to share some of the new recipes I've been trying, also.
  • kelbelruck
    kelbelruck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I too struggle with not being able to say no! I had eaten really healthy and exercised for 3 days, and this morning at work, someone brought in panera bagels, and i couldn't say no. ugh! I also am not into fad diets, i believe in everything in moderation. I will not deny myself yummy stuff! We can help with motivating and supporting each other!
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs and and got kinda stuck. Im currently at 227 I'm trying to get to 199 as well. Feel free to add me!
  • staringatthesun
    staringatthesun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    welcome! there is a binge eating support group on here that people seem to really like. i'm not sure what the link is though so hopefully someone else will post it?